Sling Adapter/DVR Problem

uptownvideo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
I am having a problem watching shows on my DVR of my 722. I have the 722 hooked up to sling adapter . The 722 is hard wired to my router. I usually get a 15mb download and 4 mb upload. When I try to play a program it tells me that my internet speed is too slow. Any help would be great.

Thanks

I have a 0.5 upload speed and my sling adapter works OK, not a great picture at that bit rate, but never got the slow connection message.

How is the receiver and sling adapter hooked up to the internet?

I would check the speed at the receiver. If it is a hard line, use a laptop, hook it up to the Ethernet cable and run a speed test on it. www.speedtest.net is always one of my favorite testing locations. If it is hooked up using a wireless adapter, you can plug the adapter into the laptop set it up and check it from there as well. Just to get a feel for the acutal speed at that location. As long as you are over 1 mbps up you won't have any problem streaming to a phone or tablet.

I just tested the speed from from the ethernet cable going in to the 722 by hooking it up to my laptop. It is 20mb down and 3 mb up. My Android tablet in the house freezes at optimizing 0%. On my iphone 4 It freezes also in my house. I will have to test it again when I am out on a different network.

Last edited: