Sling adapter is only playing live TV

mrhoni

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
I am trying to watch a recording on my iMac with Safari. Similar had happened when I was traveling and was using my iPad. I attempt to watch a DVR recording and it plays live TV and won't play the recorded program I selected.

Specifically right now the 722 is on playing live TV for my wife and there is a college basketball game that is currently recording downstairs. I am attempting to start to watch the what has been recorded for the game. If I was downstairs with the 722 and TV I could do this.

Interesting, I have the same issue occur with FireFox 3.6 and my 722k with a sling adapter. It does work fine with IE 8 but that obviously is not an option for you unless you run Parallels or boot to Windows. I guess you could try running it under FireFox and see if you can get it to work that way.

I don't think this is the exact same issue but on FF 9.0.1 I can only watch Live TV with my 722K and Sling Adapter. Attempting to access the DVR on dishonline.com just says it's not connected as well as when I try via Dish Remote Access... Will Dish ever fix this? Other DVR works just fine, can access timers and such, but it's not the one with the adapter.

EDIT: Does not work in IE9 either.

Ever since I installed the newest version of the WebSlingPlayer (1.5.7.158 ) that was posted by TG2, everything has worked fine for me with both the latest version of Firefox and IE8 (I have XP). There was one occasion where it would not list my scheduled recordings, conflicts, or timers, but that problem cleared up by itself the next day. (That was the same day that my 722K did not download the program guide the night before...perhaps that was the problem). Here is the link to the thread where TG2 posted the new software. I would suggest that you try it if you are having problems.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/275275-newer-webslingplayer-links-including-chome-web.html

There's a few posts here about this issue. Definitely with the 722k and software version 750. For the last two months I can't access my DVR recordings unless I reset my receiver's broadband connection. I can watch live TV and change channels via ipad and online, just can't see my DVR. Dish knows of this issue and is "working" on it.

Guess what.....just received an offer from a Dish dealer for the sling adapter for $29.95....can't give these away! I have reported that similar issues exist with the 922....I can pull up recordings that are only 1 hour in length....anything longer is a no-go. Bottom line is the only decent slings are the standalone units which you purchase outside of Dish for a lot more money....they work well and play all recordings including EHD material which the DISH units do not. If DISH in its wisdom upon acquisition of Sling had left the units as standalone units operating as such instead of incorporating them into Dishonline we all would be satisfied. DISH should consider this and offer all who have these 922's and 722 sling adapters a standalone Sling unit (Slingbox Pro-HD) for free and therein break off the sling connection through Dishonline....this has been a nightmare!

...Bottom line is the only decent slings are the standalone units which you purchase outside of Dish for a lot more money....they work well and play all recordings including EHD material which the DISH units do not.

You are not correct about that...I have no problems playing recordings from my External Hard Disk with my sling adapter. In fact, there is a movie playing from my EHD in another window right now while I am typing this. It works for me both while I am at home on my own network, or when I am away from home over the internet. Strange why it works for some of us, but not for others. I have a 722K and my receiver has L750 firmware.

Well said Tony, but as I pointed out it does not on my 922 and that is an issue DISH is aware of.....again the Dishonline portal is the culprit.....many bugs not resolved....I got the 922 for only confirmation of a 2 year contract and I am in the process of simply going to something like a Vulcano Flow Mobile which is half the price of the slingbox standalone I mentioned previously and ignore the 922 and attach the Vulcano standalone to my 722....too much grief with DISH not rectifying their issues and moving forward with technology that leave us in the cold. I have been with DISH for about15 years and there is certain programming I am not willing to give up by going elsewhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)