Sling Adapter Missing in Action

dendavis

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 10, 2003
Metro Denver
Getting ready to travel, went to check out the performance of my Sling Adapter, found it was kaput. No light on the device itself, and, the DISHAnyhwere site kept coming up with a "not connected" message after trying to bring up a recorded program. I got the Sling Adapter back in the day when DISH was giving them out as a promotion, or loyalty reward, if I recall. Had a 722 then, so it has been around a long time.

Now I have a Hopper (no Sling) and three Joeys. I looked on the DISH site under my account: equipment, there is no record of a Sling Adapter. Kind of bummed, don't have time to get a new Sling whatever, do they even make the Adapter as a separate piece of gear anymore? Guess I have to wait until I get back, then prevail upon the gods of DISH to upgrade my Hopper to a HWS.

Am I missing anything here?

Have you tried all of the USB ports on your Hopper? Please PM me with your account or phone number and four digit PIN.

I get a few with the same offer. Mine was from back when I bought one and beta'd the H2K. I have a HWS so I have no use for them now.

I had the same problem. I bought two of the sling adapters for both of my hoppers and they both stopped working within a year. No light at all in either of them. When I got around to calling DISH about them, they said sorry it's out of warranty, nothing I can do. I doubt I will be buying accessories from them anymore. I am not in the business of buying hardware that lasts less than a year.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts