Sling Adapter not working with Windows? Anyone else?

tankerman

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 12, 2004
Northeastern Maryland
I'm able to watch my dvr from my phone, tablet, and by using the Chrome browser.
This morning when I went to log in on windows (99% of the time, this is what I use), it makes me go to a page to install a new plug in.
I can't get the plug in to install. Anyone else having this issue?

I just tried to watch on IE10--I got a message about new plug-in, but it jumped to another screen that said my software was wrong, and then I got a page showing all the version numbers of browsers and whether or not they were S (supported) or NS (not supported). IE 10 is NS, so I couldn't really go anywhere else. Funny, I thought I had been using IE10 for a while with sling adaptor and no problem. It's obviously the new plug-in that doesn't play nicely with IE. Just like this board doesn't like IE 10, I guess. (I can't do paragraph spacing any more on Satguys so this will look like a long run-on--sorry.) So, I tried using Chrome and was able to download the plug-in (it did take a few minutes and I got a message that it appeared dead--did I want to wait or kill it--I clicked on wait). In another minute the progress bar started and download was finished quickly from there. I then watched a few minutes of Falling Skies from last night. Good luck!

I have no problem with EI10 on Win& SP2.

Try resetting your browser back to defaults.

Sometimes I even have to uninstall IE10 then reinstall it, if it gets ginched up - THANK YOU MICROSOFT!

This is a Windows/IE10 problem, not Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)