Sling Adapter Price Increase Coming...

Teehar

Teehar

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2010
WNC
I look at like they just ran a lengthy sale on the sling adapter.Now the sale is over,but perhaps it will return at some point.

Smitty7831

Smitty7831

SatelliteGuys Guru
Mar 13, 2007
Willowick, OH
Thanks for the info Scott! Ordered mine last week and LOVE it. Wife is watching it on her iPhone, now we just need to get Dish to work on the free app for Windows Phone!

Jim S.

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
Off topic, but, I've been wondering what exactly the Sling Adapter does. It doesn't have its own network connection, it uses the receiver's, right? So why can't the receiver send the stream out the network connection itself?

TheKrell

TheKrell

A mighty and noble race originating on Altair IV.
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 4, 2007
Fairfax, VA
The Sling Adapter decrypts, transcodes, and re-encrypts the A/V data stream. The receiver all by itself doesn't have the horsepower to do all that.

n0qcu

n0qcu

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Earth
Off topic, but, I've been wondering what exactly the Sling Adapter does. It doesn't have its own network connection, it uses the receiver's, right? So why can't the receiver send the stream out the network connection itself?

That is because not every one wants to sling so they didn't build it into the Hopper like they did with the 922 saving them manufacturing costs