Sling Adapter Price Increase Coming...

teddyballgame said:
Don't waste your $30 bucks on a sling adapter with Dish if you have a 722k and comcast as your internet provider. They no longer work with the smartphone app Dish Remote Access currently.]

I have a 722 (non K) and have comcast as my isp, and havent had any issues at all. I tested it as soon as i read this post. Works flawlessly. Its either an issue with the 722k only, or its your setup. Im using DRA on my iPhone.

Well I have Comcrap as my ISP and a 722k with a sling adapter. Works fine on my iPhone and iPad.

I was talking about the protection plan price increase. Sure it's only $1, but in a household where we watch every penny that sucks.

I've been meaning to cancel the protection plan. Thanks Dish for the extra incentive. Just did it a few minutes ago.

I for one am glad to see this price increase. Makes mine worth a little more when I sell it next month and hopefully recoup some of my ETF.

All I can say is my 722k box no longer works with dishes sling. Its apparently a known issue and a replacement box and three dirt guys couldn't get it working again. It used to work for 10 months then the 722k stopped connecting online. I've thrown in the towel and until the new software is launched for the 722k I will have to wait. It also affects ordering movies online and setting my Dvr remotely. Goodluck to you as they say at Dish.

teddyballgame said:
Don't waste your $30 bucks on a sling adapter with Dish if you have a 722k and comcast as your internet provider. They no longer work with the smartphone app Dish Remote Access currently.

QUOTE=3HaloODST;2858058]Don't even have to have a Hopper. 722/722K also use the Sling Adapter.

That being said, I'm enjoying my FREE Sling Adapter on my Hopper :D .

By the way, if you're waiting for ALL the bugs to be ironed out of Hopper, you'll be waiting a LOdNG time. Hell my 722Ks were still buggy 2 years into their lifetime. That being said, none of the bugs on the 722Ks or the Hoppers are worth "holding out" on (at least for me.) They are the best DVRs I've ever used!
[/QUOTE]

I have comcast and a sling adapter and a smart phone app and it works just fine.

I am not buying that one, if Comcast was blocking the dish sling adapter it would be in violation of the net neutrality laws.

I know a bunch of folks on Comcast using the sling adapter without an issue.

I have comcast and have never had a problem accessing my sling on my device or remotely on a computer.

... (BTW I am hearing the Protection Plan prive is going up from $6 a month to $7 a month as of 5/21 as well.)

I recently went from three receivers to two, saved seven bucks a month there and cancelled the protection plan, saving six bucks there. Seeing as I now have a spare receiver in case one of my active ones goes belly-up and if any problems occur outside on the dish end of things, I make a phone call and go for a ride to pick up replacement parts and fix the problem myself. No need for a protection plan.

Was there an answer out of Team Summit on whether we need a separate Sling Adapter for each Hopper, or just one for the system if there are 2 Hoppers?

Thanks.

I can tell you first hand that one sling adapter installed at my livingroom Hopper works just fine with my bedroom Hopper also. All I have to do is select the receiver I want to watch in the dish app and it does it. No need to move the sling around. Keep in mind however that I have a HIC that allows both hoppers on the net at the same time. If you are wired to the net some other way, I cannot say with certainty that it will work like mine does.

I can tell you first hand that one sling adapter installed at my livingroom Hopper works just fine with my bedroom Hopper also. All I have to do is select the receiver I want to watch in the dish app and it does it. No need to move the sling around. Keep in mind however that I have a HIC that allows both hoppers on the net at the same time. If you are wired to the net some other way, I cannot say with certainty that it will work like mine does.

That's interesting. Mine does show the sling attached to both, but I get "Cannot locate receiver" if I try to watch anything on the non-sling connected box. Both of my Hoppers are hardwired via ethernet. Anyone else have it working with one Sling for 2 Hoppers?

Well, I just double checked the sling access from the bedroom Hopper and now it doesn't work. It did work when 209 was on the IRDs because I used it several times but now it doesn't. Of course, half the time it doesn't work at all so your mileage may vary....

Thanks Scott...was wondering. Now I'll go save $15 before May 21. :up

Thxtech, thanks - you might have gotten lucky. And yes, I think it's kinda like SlingRoulette as to whether the stream will work or not... :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)