Sling Adapter Price Increase Coming...

I look at like they just ran a lengthy sale on the sling adapter.Now the sale is over,but perhaps it will return at some point.

Thanks for the info Scott! Ordered mine last week and LOVE it. Wife is watching it on her iPhone, now we just need to get Dish to work on the free app for Windows Phone!

Off topic, but, I've been wondering what exactly the Sling Adapter does. It doesn't have its own network connection, it uses the receiver's, right? So why can't the receiver send the stream out the network connection itself?

The Sling Adapter decrypts, transcodes, and re-encrypts the A/V data stream. The receiver all by itself doesn't have the horsepower to do all that.

Off topic, but, I've been wondering what exactly the Sling Adapter does. It doesn't have its own network connection, it uses the receiver's, right? So why can't the receiver send the stream out the network connection itself?

That is because not every one wants to sling so they didn't build it into the Hopper like they did with the 922 saving them manufacturing costs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts