Sling adapter problem with 722

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

josh22

Original poster
May 30, 2011
US
I've read about several different problems but have not found a solution to mine. I'm having a problem with my Dish Remote app (both on my Samsung Captivate running stock Froyo and my home computer which meets minimum specs). My 722 receiver indicates that I am connected to the internet (connected via ethernet cable) but when I try to access my DVR using the remote app it says that my receiver does not appear to be connected to the internet. I have tried chatting with dish customer support twice, ran through their troubleshooting and got nowhere. My router is a linksys WRT54gs. The app has worked in the past for remote viewing but has not worked for several days. Any ideas?

Occasionally I have this problem on my iPhone. Once I receive the error if I do nothing and just wait like 30 seconds it connects anyway.

You mentioned you have the same problem on your computer as well so not sure what I'm suggesting will really help but thought I would offer it anyway.

Since you already went through troubleshooting with an agent, I assume that you've reset the receiver and router, as well as reset the broadband connection to verify an IP is showing up (menu-6-1-9-1-reset connection if you haven't).

If you want to send me a PM with an account number or phone number I'll see if I can duplicate the problem (your user name and password also please)

Since you already went through troubleshooting with an agent, I assume that you've reset the receiver and router, as well as reset the broadband connection to verify an IP is showing up (menu-6-1-9-1-reset connection if you haven't).

If you want to send me a PM with an account number or phone number I'll see if I can duplicate the problem (your user name and password also please)

Yes Matt. I have reset the receiver, reset the network connection and reset the router. Nothing has worked. After running through these steps, the first tech just stated that it was a problem with my router and promptly ended the chat. I have several devices running off of the router with no other problems and as I mentioned remote viewing has worked in the past with this router.

I'm having a similar problem with the sling falling offline if the receiver has been off for a while. Ok if I'm home and can turn it on but not OK if I'm trying to use it like it is designed.

I am PMing the details to you Matt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)