Sling Adapter Reliability

So after the light went out on my second sling (first was replaced for the same reason) I call up tech support today to get a replacement. I was told that they have identified the problem as a software issue with the sling adapter itself and are working on a fix. Once the fix goes in they expect the non working sling adapter to start working.

Long story short, they are not sending replacement hardware, instead they want me to wait for a software update with an unknown ETA. Any one else getting this same message?

Since they sent my second replacement, it has been working great. I am interested though to know if it actually is a software issue as they claim, maybe only with certain sling adapter versions or something? Doesn't seem right to make you wait like that though.

So after the light went out on my second sling (first was replaced for the same reason) I call up tech support today to get a replacement. I was told that they have identified the problem as a software issue with the sling adapter itself and are working on a fix. Once the fix goes in they expect the non working sling adapter to start working.

Long story short, they are not sending replacement hardware, instead they want me to wait for a software update with an unknown ETA. Any one else getting this same message?

I don't believe its a software problem. My sling was working just fine yesterday, today it will not work on my ipad. The red light is on but starts blinking when I try to to use it. It will almost load but will stop just before the end. Love my hopper but the sling needs more work.

If you are having trouble with a sling adapter and send me a PM with details on what is occurring, I would be happy to help you get it working properly.

If the light on the sling adapter is flashing, this means it is sending data.

Had a sling adapter for a few months, sitting on top of the corner of the 722k. been working fine in general. yes, red light solid when no one using it, flashing red when someone streaming from it.

Just got one today and it was DOA. No red light on top. Even tried it on a computer.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

joekawasaki said:
Just got one today and it was DOA. No red light on top. Even tried it on a computer.

Update: MattG helped me get it going. Sling firmware on hopper wasn't updated.

TheKrell said:
Does this mean that the red light finally came on? If so, why didn't it come on when you plugged it into your computer? :confused:

Because the light only comes on when there is updated firmware on the reciever. The sling adapter doesn't light up just because there is power. Normally the no light issue has nothing to do with sling failure, but more so having to do with the firmware on the reciever.

Because the light only comes on when there is updated firmware on the reciever. The sling adapter doesn't light up just because there is power. Normally the no light issue has nothing to do with sling failure, but more so having to do with the firmware on the reciever.

So how do you update the firmware? I'm having the same problem. It worked great for a while and a few weeks ago just stopped working. The replacement Diss sent out had the light come on for a minute and now it's gone and won't come back.

2wolves said:
So how do you update the firmware? I'm having the same problem. It worked great for a while and a few weeks ago just stopped working. The replacement Diss sent out had the light come on for a minute and now it's gone and won't come back.

Go to system info two and scroll down a few times. What is your sling adapter version and status? (Menu>6-1-3-next > scroll down till you see it)

I would run a broadband connectivity test verify it passes. Then I would remove the sling and reboot the reciever. After it boots up, plug it into the other USB port, not the same one you were using. Then give it 5 minutes and check firmware and status again. If it's still 0.0.0 then I would get a sling replacement. If it's already been replaced then get a reciever replacement

I got a replacement (3rd one) that worked for a day and now it's dead again. I can't get the light to turn back on after the initial success. Maybe it's the receiver, but the usb ports work fine if I'm plugging in an external drive. It's just these adapters that I'm having the problems with.

I got a replacement (3rd one) that worked for a day and now it's dead again. I can't get the light to turn back on after the initial success. Maybe it's the receiver, but the usb ports work fine if I'm plugging in an external drive. It's just these adapters that I'm having the problems with.

If you send me a PM with your phone number or account number, I'd be happy to help with the sling adapter issues.

I think i got the same issue with my hopper, just received my 2nd sling. Worked for 1 day. But now the red light is out again and no connection. How do you check if your receiver got the correct sling software?