Sling Adapter unknown error

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lodingm123

Original poster
Jul 23, 2011
mid west
Hey Guys,

Before hand thanks for any help on this issue, and I could not find anything on another thread so sorry if this is a re-post... Here is my situation I have a VIP722k DVR... I just purchased a sling adapter and I hooked it up. It seemed simple enough. Connected me Receiver to my home network, plugged the adapter into the USB on the back and then log into the dish.com website... I did that on a windows XP in chrome. I tried watching my TV on my computer just for testing and after I installed the plugin for the browser it refreshes and says it is connecting and receiving data. After about 15 seconds it pops up with the message screen "UNKNOWN ERROR". on my computer it does this every time. I have tried in IE as well to the same affect. I also downloaded the Dish network access APP on my Android phone and it works perfectly. I can watch TV while connected to my network or even with 3G (except 3G AT&T uses a lot of data... to bad it isn't unlimited anymore.)

Like I said before I could not find anything on this, if anyone could suggest a few things to try I would greatly appreciate it. I hope to get this working.

I also had a side question with the receiver connected to the internet can dish network know where it is located? As if I go down to Florida for the winter and take my receiver and connect it down there will they know it has switch locations, or what information will they be able to see from me? Thanks again for any help

Sincerely,
lodingm123

Thanks for the suggestion and quick reply. That was exactly it. I had just reinstalled windows and had not installed my audio driver yet. I installed that and the picture came up the first time!

I appreciate the help!

Dish will know when you move your receiver. If possible, don't connect it in Florida. Could cause you headaches.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)