Sling adaptor

skippy2235

Original poster
Nov 30, 2011
Seattle
Looking at getting a sling adapter this week.
Does dish still have that promo going on? Pay $99 and get a gift card in a month.
How well does sling work with an android phone or laptop? I am getting my first smartphone this week also. I went with sprint, Motorola photon.
If it is not smooth and simple I may not want this.

Dave

for the price you cant beat it . pc /mac usage is great with minor issues.

DRA on android is trubble some at best but i have a felling it might just be my tmoble unlimited* data as i blow up the cap in 2 weeks.

I've got a Droid Incredible 2 through Verizon, and the DRA works great.

Sometimes you have to log out, and back in, or refresh menu guide, but I've learned how to manipulate it to where I can always get it to work.

I use it over wifi mostly, so I don't worry about my data plan.

I would say get it too ... its basically free when the rebate comes.. and its great to have the option since dish doesn't have the sling extender yet.. but I would also caution ... don't expect trouble free performance... though I've had not major issues, there are lots of minor issues with how we access ... like using Dish Online ... content won't play in the web page, it plays on TV1 ... but Dish Remote Access is still available and *IT* works every time.. there are those that can't get connected at all, there are others that have to reset the receiver to get 20 mins to 4 or 5 hours of use before the networking components fail and dish suggests the receiver is off line..

The Sling Adapter rebate is still available until January 2012 and you will need to order from an agent. The rebate can take 8-10 weeks (but we have had reports of customers receiving their rebate sooner). I have an Evo3D and it works pretty good with streaming in both 3G and 4G. For streaming through a computer, you will need to make sure you meet the requirements listed at TV Everywhere - DISH Network. If you like I can assist you to order the Sling Adapter for you, just send me a PM with your phone or account number.

Looking at getting a sling adapter this week.
Does dish still have that promo going on? Pay $99 and get a gift card in a month.
How well does sling work with an android phone or laptop? I am getting my first smartphone this week also. I went with sprint, Motorola photon.
If it is not smooth and simple I may not want this.

Dave

Just got mine last night. Installed literally in seconds. Instantly streamed HD content over my in house network to my laptop. Am sitting here now watching SYFY in HD on my laptop as I type this just cuz I can :) I streamed SD quality at work today to show my boss how it works (trying to convert him from Direct). It wasn't HD but it was stable and good enough to watch on a computer. I just wish Dish would stop ignoring us Blackberry owners and get the mobile app ready for the 9630 (hint hint DIRT team!)

I have forwarded your request for making the DISH Remote application compatible with the BlackBerry 9630.

Just got mine last night. Installed literally in seconds. Instantly streamed HD content over my in house network to my laptop. Am sitting here now watching SYFY in HD on my laptop as I type this just cuz I can :) I streamed SD quality at work today to show my boss how it works (trying to convert him from Direct). It wasn't HD but it was stable and good enough to watch on a computer. I just wish Dish would stop ignoring us Blackberry owners and get the mobile app ready for the 9630 (hint hint DIRT team!)

had mine for 4 months now and works great...little problems do happen now and then but when its free hard to complain...had android (atrix) with at&t and worked great, now have the iphone 4s and works great too, mostly wifi but hspa+ still runns it pretty well.

Add another request ... for Linux support ...
Windows supported.
OSX supported.

Plugin's install in Firefox under Linux .... but then fails for PC/Browser compatibility (ie, OS version & browser compatibility)

Add another request ... for Linux support ...
Windows supported.
OSX supported.

Plugin's install in Firefox under Linux .... but then fails for PC/Browser compatibility (ie, OS version & browser compatibility)

In other words...make it work everywhere as advertised ;)

Where does one find out about these promo's? I don't see anything on DishNetwork.com or under "my offers" section of my account. I have had a VIP722 for years. "John"

Is this for new customers only? Because I already have two 722k's

This promotion is available for both new and existing customers. If you would like I can assist you with ordering the Sling Adapter and walk you through the rebate process. Just send me a PM with your phone or account number. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts