Sling box HD

jahlight

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
Does anyone know if you can use a slin box HD with your TV? I would love to be able to see Chicago Bears games this year using the sling box. Does it have to be viewed thru a computer or can you view it thru a TV?

While Slingbox can do HD it does not send ou the video in HD, that mean its takes the HD video and converts it down to lower resolution.

The HAVA does do HD however its vey buggy compaired to the Slingbox.

I had HAVA for a week. It was so bad software wise I sent it back. Thats even after talking directly to their engineers and after software updates. The moment it worked, it did look good. However, I have the Slingbox Pro and its incredible. The quality is limited to your bandwidth but even the downcoverted HD looks as good as DVD quality. I am still amazed at what the place shifting boxes can do. I do swear by Slingbox though. Great software, features and functionality.

WOW. What kind of bandwidth would you need to send HD point-to-point over the internet? I'm guessing at least 5 mbps for a very compressed picture.

WOW. What kind of bandwidth would you need to send HD point-to-point over the internet? I'm guessing at least 5 mbps for a very compressed picture.

Inside my network I get around 6 to 8 depending on the picture source. So yes for it to come close to HD you need that much. Anything less is not HD. But keep in mind, anything above 500k is pretty darn good.

Bought a new pinnacle system - has point to point 802.11G wireless connection for HD. The box acts as a wireless MESH type router so you get good internet and picture at the same time. It also will bounce through the router out the internet. The quality is DVD level and it can record and burn DVD files - but - the picture across the internet is a bit jumpy when you get lower BW feeds...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)