Sling extender

Well between the rebate fiasco from when I signed up (and never got) and this, if I stay with pay tv at all, I'll be going back to DirecTV when their home media server DVR comes out. I obviously was mistaken when I thought DISH had their execution problems resolved and switched back.

It seems that ever since Dish/Echostar acquired Sling media, they've just seemed to lost their technical edge. It used to be that Dish and Echostar came out with all the firsts when it came to receivers and other TV related technology but now, some, if not most, of the other TV providers have seemed to caught up in one way or another and the pressure is on Dish now to release something that works and works well.
Oh I hear ya. They had video steaming and remote access to timers via the web up and running and even tested the web access before the Sling deal went though. They used DLNA like D* did to stream video between receivers. It worked and probably Scott is the only one here outside of DISH that knows how well it did. I was in that Web access test and remember setting timers and deleting shows from my in-laws place over Christmas. It wasn't pretty, but it worked like it should. Then the Sling deal happened and everything was dumped in favor of that and while it does work... sort of. It set them way way back. So far back that their biggest competitor (arguably) is gaining on them in some areas, and leaped over them in others.