Sling Media is comming to the IPHONE

digiblur

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 8, 2005
Louisiana
You'll be waiting a while for a CDMA version of the iphone. I'd go with a HTC Touch Pro...once you get it customized you'll love it.

I'm sure ATT doesn't want the Slingmedia stuff on their network anytime soon ;)

james_k_p

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 11, 2006
Slidell, LA
You'll be waiting a while for a CDMA version of the iphone. I'd go with a HTC Touch Pro...once you get it customized you'll love it.

I'm sure ATT doesn't want the Slingmedia stuff on their network anytime soon ;)

Hey Digi
What do you mean by customizing it? I haven't been considering this as an option as I've been trying to figure out if I want a Storm or Iphone. I'm open minded though, so let me know more about it and your experiences. Thanks!

snathanb

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Feb 26, 2004
DFW
Hey Digi
What do you mean by customizing it? I haven't been considering this as an option as I've been trying to figure out if I want a Storm or Iphone. I'm open minded though, so let me know more about it and your experiences. Thanks!

Raphael - xda-developers

HTC WinMo phones are pretty much the most customizable phones on the planet.

I've got my Fuze tricked out pretty well.

the xda-developers forum pretty much concentrates on the GSM version of the phone (AT&T Fuze).
PPCGeeks.com focuses more on the CDMA versions of the phone (Verizon, Sprint).

I wouldn't trade my Fuze for an iPhone or a Storm.. No way, no how.

digiblur

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 8, 2005
Louisiana
I use it with AT&T 3G on my HTC Fuse ;)

I should have said AT&T doesn't want their large iphone base to use it. They are already freaking out about tethering with the iphone.

I heard they have another version of the Slingplayer out that will use the extra resolution that the Fuse and Touch Pro have.

And what I mean about customizing is its Windows. Do you load up a PC with Windows and call it done? Nope. You load all your apps you like, change the displays, functionality, etc.

I don't have the Touch Pro or Fuze but I do have the previous Mogul model. And it's customized heavily to my likes. I always check out all the demo models at Best Buy, cell phone shops, etc. And there is no way I could go to an iphone or Blackberry, I don't like being stuck with the manufacturers way they want me to use the phone.

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
Apple announced being able to purchase iTunes music and movies/tv shows over the 3G network. I don't see why Sling would be any different.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)