Sling on home network

bowens

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
Florida
I want to use my hopper with sling to stream to my iphone or ipad on my home network. Will it stay within my network or go out to the Internet and come back? I have a bandwidth cap on my home Internet so I don't want to use it if its going to use up my bandwidth.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

It will use the internet to make the connection but the actual streaming will stay within your home network.

I have a Dish 722K with a sling adapter.

Data hairpins through the internet when I use the dish anywhere app on my phone, connected to wifi only.

My dish receiver and my wifi access points are on different vlans, but they are on the same network.

Thanks. That's good to know. Now I can watch tv on the toilet. :)

Lol yeah, with my phone I can watch TV, play video games and browse the Internet on the toilet, it's as if I never left the living room! Sometimes I take a beer with me, too. I also have a Wii U that I can take in there too, rofl!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Lol yeah, with my phone I can watch TV, play video games and browse the Internet on the toilet, it's as if I never left the living room! Sometimes I take a beer with me, too. I also have a Wii U that I can take in there too, rofl!

WOW, 3HaloODST, you live like a King! LOL

You spend too much time on the toilet.
You, even more so.
AMEN, best place!
Yuck. I couldn't think of a worse place to do anything. (Well, except for one thing. It's the best for that.)

You, even more so.
Yuck. I couldn't think of a worse place to do anything. (Well, except for one thing. It's the best for that.)

I thought you were supposed to be a funny man? Toilet humor went right over your head!

You, even more so.

Enjoy life GaryPen. I even keep a remote control in the occupy room by the kitchen so I can sit on the hopper and control the other Hopper in the great room for the Mrs. I wear a wireless head set and can view the TV in the kitchen. This TV has modulated (mirror) signal coming from the Hopper in the great room. This way the Mrs and my dam self can watch TV or a recording together (sync). My Mrs does not like to work the remote control, so that is one of my duties in this household. I have to make the best of the situation!!

Why not just move the toilet to the living room? :eek:

I personally know an old guy in his 80's that done just that. He's not in the best of shape & on oxygen. In his living room is a bed where the couch used to be & right next to the bed is a working toilet. Kind of feel sorry for him, but as long as it suits his needs I suppose that's all that matters.

I personally know an old guy in his 80's that done just that. He's not in the best of shape & on oxygen. In his living room is a bed where the couch used to be & right next to the bed is a working toilet. Kind of feel sorry for him, but as long as it suits his needs I suppose that's all that matters.

Ever seen that movie "Idiocracy?" Toilet couches are the future! lol.

Excellent idea, thanks stardust3. Will help cut down on remote control requirements. Got eight 40.0 now linked to that there Hopper and a 20.0.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)