Sling Player Only $30?

msgph

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 17, 2004
Kansas City, MO
When did the Sling Adapter drop to $30? I looked when I first started DISH 4 months ago and it was at $100. Ordered it yesterday for only $30!

Last edited:
I didn't want to go through the rebate hassle, so I didn't order the Sling adapter... then when it went to $30 with no rebate... I jumped on it. Working great so far. The real test will be next Thursday when I attempt to keep the races from Daytona on the laptop at work for the afternoon.

oldave said:
I didn't want to go through the rebate hassle, so I didn't order the Sling adapter... then when it went to $30 with no rebate... I jumped on it. Working great so far. The real test will be next Thursday when I attempt to keep the races from Daytona on the laptop at work for the afternoon.

as long as your internet at home has good upload bandwith you should be ok.

What hassle? Dish dish-chat, within 24 hours the sling was at my door, plugged it in, went online and checked one box on my dish page and within 30 days the card showed up in my mailbox. No mess, no fuss, and it didn't cost me a thing...well, maybe five minutes of my time I guess...

What hassle? Dish dish-chat, within 24 hours the sling was at my door, plugged it in, went online and checked one box on my dish page and within 30 days the card showed up in my mailbox. No mess, no fuss, and it didn't cost me a thing...well, maybe five minutes of my time I guess...

Just received my $99 card in the mail today :D .

I was told by DIRT that doing the rebate would make me lose my grandfathered "no locals" package. Since DISH doesn't even carry ABC & Fox in my DMA, really didn't want to pay extra for it. I get about 40 "local" channels with lifeline cable. I'm hoping the rebate-less adapter won't change my programming package.

I did the adapter rebate and it did not remove my no locals grandfathered status.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts