WGVU PBS Grand Rapids MI HD

Not trying to hijack the thread but I live in SW Michigan and really would like an answer as to when the local ABC affiliate, WBND, out of South Bend will be offered in HD from E*. Directv has all the networks in HD including CW. E* is missing the boat here as lots of football fans are moving to Directv for this reason only! Cmon Charlie!!

I'm still waiting for Dish to carry my PBS in HD here in Detroit. I'm already a little jealous that Dish is carrying PBS HD in nearby Toledo, OH and in Traverse City, MI so if Grand Rapids were to get it next before Detroit, well, I'd be a little disappointed .:(

I'm still waiting for Dish to carry my PBS in HD here in Detroit. I'm already a little jealous that Dish is carrying PBS HD in nearby Toledo, OH and in Traverse City, MI so if Grand Rapids were to get it next before Detroit, well, I'd be a little disappointed .:(

I'm kind of suprised that they don't have it in Detroit already. Since it is the #11 biggest market.

I'm kind of suprised that they don't have it in Detroit already. Since it is the #11 biggest market.
I agree. Since Detroit is #11, you would think it would've been the 11th city to receive their PBS in HD, but, that's not the case. I don't know, maybe Dish tried to get it, but they couldn't come to good terms with the station (WTVS) but in my opinion though, it just feels like we're being ignored.

In certainly makes sense to "talk" to stations in order of market size (as a starting point) but what happens when a station balks or stalls ? Does Dish STOP working on adding PBS-HD for every market ? Hopefully, they move on to # 12, # 13, # 14, and so on.

Just think, what if the # 1 market station couldn't come to an agreement....

I agree, they should move on to the next market in order, but I don't even think they're going in order. It all seems pretty random to me when they add these PBS HD stations.

We have three pbs stations that broadcast in HD from Chicago and we are waiting for those also WTTW Channel 11,WYCC Channel 20 and WYIN Channel 56 Directv has WTTW and WYCC in HD now i only wish dish would add those also.

I contacted DISH Network

First note that this is on topic, which is: "Thread: WGVU PBS Grand Rapids MI HD" And that topic is under questions about DISH Network, (not about using antennas.) I'm not happy about not getting PBS in hi-def. So, around Feb 6 or 7, 2012 (I don't recall the exact day,) I contacted DISH Network. They told me that WGVU-TV Grand rapids does not supply DISH Network with a hi-def feed. That was a communication using their instant answer. The person had to take some time, find someone, and get the answer so that gives me some confidence that it is the fact. They also could have been lying to me. :) I then went to the WGVU-TV web site on Feb 7, 1012, around noon, and asked them on their comment form. I have yet to receive a reply. It has been 4 business days, so far, since I asked. I see here that other people have gotten the word that it was DISH Network that hasn't made it hi-def. I don't know which is the real story. If WGVU answers my question, I'll try to remember to come back here and post.

Contact them on their Facebook page (they appear active there). They have a Twitter account but it's been (4) days since their last post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts