Please tell me about your 'slow' 722k receiver.

pabeader

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 18, 2004
OTP Georgia
I am looking for specific information. What were you doing for the previous 10 mins? What buttons did you push, what menus were you in? That type of stuff. I am trying to get a clear picture of what is causing this to occur.

I have had two different 722k receivers and neither one were ever slow to respond, expect for when I expected it.:wink:

Also, what have you done to try to fix it? There are a number of things that have been shown to help. The one that works the best is to change the remote code from odd to even or even to odd, whichever is appropriate. Also, changing to a high number, greater than 10, seems to work well also.

Yes, I know these are just band-aids. And you shouldn’t have to do stuff like this. But if your aim is to have a faster receiver, you should be happy to try this stuff. If you have something else in mind, then I’m sorry but I can’t help you.

Knowing what the issue is, and what seems to have fixed it for you, will go a long way towards getting the software right.

I've had a 722K since October and other than the first night after it was installed it has been as fast or faster than the 625 I have had for years.

Every now and then, for no more than a minute or so, it will get kinda boggy but then it gets right back to normal.

My 722K works as fast as the 722 it replaced. I am happy with the speed. If only they would fix the movie download, so they do not disapear overnight,.

My 722K works as fast as the 722 it replaced. I am happy with the speed. If only they would fix the movie download, so they do not disapear overnight,.

do you, have a Revue by chance? If you do, and you have it integrated, you might find them that way. I know it works for me...

do you, have a Revue by chance? If you do, and you have it integrated, you might find them that way. I know it works for me...

Whoa now that's interesting! How is that done with the Revue? Are you going to the deprecated DRA website and using the "Play On TV" feature? If you're using the Revue to play the invisible rental directly, then we've finally got the Sling Extender. Oh, you said "integrated". I haven't integrated mine as yet.

I've had a 722K since October and other than the first night after it was installed it has been as fast or faster than the 625 I have had for years.

Every now and then, for no more than a minute or so, it will get kinda boggy but then it gets right back to normal.

Same here regarding the slowness that happens the first minute after turning it on. It happens sometimes. It doesn't happen enough or lasts long enough to mess with any remote codes.

My solution for that minute or so is to go get a beer and a snack, then come back and be ready to watch. :popcorn

Whoa now that's interesting! How is that done with the Revue? Are you going to the deprecated DRA website and using the "Play On TV" feature? If you're using the Revue to play the invisible rental directly, then we've finally got the Sling Extender. Oh, you said "integrated". I haven't integrated mine as yet.

all i can say is what i saw. on my receiver, i went into the place where you download movies and stuff. i set up 'torchwood' to download a number of episodes in HD. this takes a while on my DSL so i planned to watch them the next day. went looking for them under 'my rentals' and they were not there. tried it a few more times, but still no luck.
a few days later i was messing around with my revue and i noticed, under movies and tv, there were a whole bunch of torchwoods listed as being on my receiver. i jumped back to the receiver and they still were not listed under 'my rentals'
back on the revue, i selected one of them and it started playing on the tv connected to the receiver. My understanding is that, since i'm integrated the revue was able to look into the receiver and see the stored stuff, even though the receiver itself didn't.

I haven't had mine (722) slow down for a while now. When it had happened in the past, it was only when I was skipping scheduled timer conflicts (it would take 30+ seconds to respond to a skip request). The last time it happened was after I switched one of my Dish Pass timers from a single channel to all channels. After the timer was saved, all other timer events I attempted to skip took forever, as if the hard drive was pegged and working overtime, which is possible after making such a big change. Within an hour, it was back to normal operating speeds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts