Please tell me about your 'slow' 722k receiver.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
all i can say is what i saw. on my receiver, i went into the place where you download movies and stuff. i set up 'torchwood' to download a number of episodes in HD. this takes a while on my DSL so i planned to watch them the next day. went looking for them under 'my rentals' and they were not there. tried it a few more times, but still no luck.
a few days later i was messing around with my revue and i noticed, under movies and tv, there were a whole bunch of torchwoods listed as being on my receiver.

The problem with the recordings disapearing was corrected with L750 on my 722k. Even the recordings that were missing before L750, reappeared after L750 dowloaded.

Thanks for the information. I just checked and all the recordings I couldn't access since last October were there ,even if they were expired. So now I can clean them out and actually download some for future use and no fear of losing them now.:)

I've got a snowbird account. Location 1: 722k with phone line connected, no slowdown. Location 2: same receiver with no phone line or broadband connection, slow response. Back to location 1, with phone line (and now broadband as well), no slowdown.

722k downstairs (the one I use all the time) Single or Dual mode, previous 10 minutes would have normally been watching TV (live)

Happens with Live TV, Pre-recorded/DVR'd stuff, happens if I'm in via Sling or not.

Mostly notice when I hit Guide on the remote and it doesn't come up right away ... once the guide is on the screen its maybe 30 to 50 % slower page up/down or arrow up/down through listings.

Also notice it when I attempt to go into DVR menu (DVR button on the remote) .. multiple presses as if I hadn't pressed the key, etc... and if I press once, wait .. then try arrow down/up its slow to respond.. press it three times in a row to get to the schedule .. and it could take 5 to 15 seconds before it suddenly responds.

Doesn't matter if I was in the guide, and then cancel to go back to channel, then hit DVR button, same slowness is there.

4 days in a row it was like this any time.. then suddenly on the 5th day it sped up, and was good for 3 days, then slow a day, normal a few days.. etc..

I don't do the power cycles any more, they didn't work for me, and only made me wait for the box to come back up 10 mins later.. and still have the issue.

I've had the same happen with / without the external hard drive hooked up.

External when attached is 2TB, 1.4TB free

Internal has been everything from 50hrs of recording time available down to 10 or so hours available (both in reference to the HD capacity)

Just like right now ... 41hrs of HD capacity left on internal drive ... was slow like nuts yesterday ... had paused a movie ... and then it seemed like the 722k wouldn't "un-pause" ... I could see the SAT button on the remote flash, but no no.. 722k just sitting there ... then when I pressed and held the button for 3 or 4 seconds, again watching the LED flicker the entire time for SAT ... THEN it came off pause ...

I've been noticing more and more the lack of response as if I didn't press any key ... like the receiver receives the command but just tosses it away until the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th attempt. And some times its not like the "double or triple press" where the command is *in* the receiver's IR buffer ... and would act upon each press of the button that had been done ... now it more frequently responds only as if its received the SINGLE command it was responding to.

The problem got way worse for me after L750.

I have not tried UHF yet ... will do so for the next few days.

I do have the MTA2 / OTA unit installed.

i'm kinda suprised at the lack of responses to this topic. from the number of times i have seen this mentioned, i figured i would get overwhelmed.

what jumped out at me in this thread was the guy who mentioned he had 3 units, and the one that was having the problem with was not connected to broadband/phone line. Mine too has had problems in the past and it's never been connected. Possibly an avenue to pursue. Unless someone can provide a counter-example.

NEVER had a problem with the 722 being slow, until NOW. We connected the sling adapter to it a few days ago, and now get long remote lags. We press a number and start counting. About 10 seconds later, the receiver acknowledges it.

Something has to be up with the USB.

what jumped out at me in this thread was the guy who mentioned he had 3 units, and the one that was having the problem with was not connected to broadband/phone line. Mine too has had problems in the past and it's never been connected. Possibly an avenue to pursue. Unless someone can provide a counter-example.

My 722K is not hooked up to anything except a 1989 model 25" Magnavox SD TV and, other than the very first day of its installation, I have not had any evidence of "slowness". It is as fast or faster than the 625 that is on my other TV.

Last edited:
I have 2 722Ks and one has a short lag when pushing the Guide button on the remote, just long enough that you hit it again and go to the favorites selection menu. Other than that both have been rocking for two years or more and I have had no other slow reaction from either box.

it got annoying real quick. like Burtom said. press guide, nothing happens, then press it again and the favorites pops up. wife and kids not happy. if dad gets unhappy, things will get ugly in a hurry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts