Sling Receiver 300

I'm past disappointment stage with the 922 . This over hyped box looks like it has been abandoned in favor of the new google box that they can connect to any vip receiver. Even though the 922 was shown to work like the google box in terms of search features. Looks like DISH has moved on to other things . I will NEVER buy another new box from DISH since they have shown over the years that they promise more than they ever deliver.

ARCHIVING feature for my external hard drive still not activated on this 922 receiver. But I gave up on this and stopped subbing to ANY premium channels from DISH. I now use Netflix through the 922 and the play on application. I can stream just about all the shows and movies I want for 10.99 a month and get blu-ray dvds too. Soon Netflix will offer ALL streaming service for cheaper than their base pack of 8.99 a month. I will switch to that one when it comes online.

I am losing any good faith I ever felt for DISH after the way they have handled this receiver , the new additional receiver fee structure , the extra charge of monthly fees "just because we can charge it ". Not to mention the loss of several channels in hd and potential to lose even more in both sd and hd . I showed my displeasure by cutting down to just top 200 with free hd. This is the lowest subscription pack I've had with DISH in about 10 years. I don't expect to increase it in the future either . DISH has lost it's way and I fear they will not be coming back to their customer oriented roots either. Unfortunately DIRECTV is no better in terms of customer service and cable ? FORGET ABOUT IT!

DISH the lesser of two evils.

DBS satellite is on it's way out, it just doesn't know it yet.

Internet delivery of TV content will be taking off like gangbusters over the next 10 to 15 years and DBS will be where C-Band was 15 years ago because of DBS.

Check the hardware out these guys are "advertising"

http://www.triniticomm.com/hd_iptv_service.asp

They already have the right idea. One media server for all the TVs in your house.

Last edited:
$200 dollars for a 922 with a new 2 year agreement sucks Only reason I got the 922 was for all the promises they made. Lesser of 2 evils still hurts when they do what they do.

DBS satellite is on it's way out, it just doesn't know it yet.

Internet delivery of TV content will be taking off like gangbusters over the next 10 to 15 years and DBS will be where C-Band was 15 years ago because of DBS.

Check the hardware out these guys are "advertising"

Nuclius Broadband HD IPTV Service

They already have the right idea. One media server for all the TVs in your house.

That's why Dish is embracing Google TV: it is the response to Boxee, Roku. et al. and the whole content via internet movement. Google TV is just another flavor of Boxee, Popcorn, whatever. So, Dish may be around a bit longer than we think, and Charlie will probably buy one of those companies like Roku than allow Dish to die, and the other providers will do the same, as well.

There are many examples of businesses having come from the brink after changing their business to meet new era. But, yes, some have died because they couldn't or wouldn't change.

I am starting to think that we will never see the Sling Receiver or the WIFI monitor. Haven't heard anything about them in a long.

Yes, just like I'm thinking we will never see the 222 or 222K become DVR's as promised. It wouldn't be the first time Dish has promised, then abandoned the entire concept. I'll just wait for the follow-up unit of the 922, presumably that is the model that will work much closer as advertised having learned from the initial 922.

I do not think they will have a 922 follow up. I think they are not fixing the 922 since they are devoting their resources to the whole home DVR. The 922 is a dead end.

Got any proof of that? And don't say an installer told you because that's no different then a Verizon agent telling you that they are getting the iPhone in January.

No not an installer, but friends that work in the chipset industry.

Scott mentions that perhaps they are going to do something with the 922 after all. It will be interesting to see. I just hope my 922 does not turn into the 921 boat anchor when a new box (942) came out that pretty much went in a new direction.

No not an installer, but friends that work in the chipset industry.

Scott mentions that perhaps they are going to do something with the 922 after all. It will be interesting to see. I just hope my 922 does not turn into the 921 boat anchor when a new box (942) came out that pretty much went in a new direction.

With all this still up in the air...it sounds like the 722K is still the best receiver to own right now.

I just want to get the "Sling Receiver 300" to get rid of the extra ViP 622's I have for extra HDTV's, I am not happy with this new per box montly charge. If the Sling Receiver doesn't come out, I am likely going to cancel my dish account, and return all of the equipment. enough is enough. I already have a a sling box pro that streams just fine to my iPhone, or to PC's in the house.

electronica said:
Yeah, I have been pretty happy with the 922. Not sure what all the hullabaloo is all about. It works great for us.

Occasionally I am not able to connect from the web client, but typically I get it on the second attempt.

Would like to see it in a stand-alone player for PC so I can maximize on my secondary monitor.

There is a standalone player. It's called Slingplayer.

Slingbox makes a standalone client that should work with your 922

Yeah, I have been pretty happy with the 922. Not sure what all the hullabaloo is all about. It works great for us.

Occasionally I am not able to connect from the web client, but typically I get it on the second attempt.

Would like to see it in a stand-alone player for PC so I can maximize on my secondary monitor.

Sling Media Support - Download the Desktop Player

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)