Sling trouble with Dish software

SoonerSteve

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 12, 2005
San Antonio, TX
Before I call Dish Network I wanted to run this by you all here and see if I am the only one having trouble. Due to a variety of reasons I am not at my home so I am remotely watching my 922 via the built in Sling.

When I use dishonline.com I can never get a consistent connection. On the few occasions I do see a picture it only lasts for a short time. Last evening I was able to start playback of Hell's Kitchen from the DVR and it worked fine until I tried to jump ahead a the first commercial. That killed it.

Now, if I use the old Sling Player software version 2.03.508 I connect 99% of the time, and can successfully use the remote to watch DVR, jump ahead, jump back, etc. Rarely do I have trouble connecting in this manner.

A few infrastructure details: The 922 is connected via FTTH 8MB/1MB. I am watching from a cable modem that consistently gets 20Mb/1.5Mb. I have tried Internet Explorer 8, and Firefox and both have the same issue with dishonline. Since the old Sling Player works I know the connections and the 922 are not the issue. Before I call and raise hell with Dish I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. I have had the 922 since the day it was launched and the web portions used to work perfectly. Once dishonline went live I can't make this work to save my life. I prefer the web since it doesn't have the resolution limitations, but it doesn't do any good if the freaking thing wont connect.

If I am missing something please let me know. I have a lot of catching up to do on that DVR and need a reliable solution.

SoonerSteve said:
Before I call Dish Network I wanted to run this by you all here and see if I am the only one having trouble. Due to a variety of reasons I am not at my home so I am remotely watching my 922 via the built in Sling.

When I use dishonline.com I can never get a consistent connection. On the few occasions I do see a picture it only lasts for a short time. Last evening I was able to start playback of Hell's Kitchen from the DVR and it worked fine until I tried to jump ahead a the first commercial. That killed it.

Now, if I use the old Sling Player software version 2.03.508 I connect 99% of the time, and can successfully use the remote to watch DVR, jump ahead, jump back, etc. Rarely do I have trouble connecting in this manner.

A few infrastructure details: The 922 is connected via FTTH 8MB/1MB. I am watching from a cable modem that consistently gets 20Mb/1.5Mb. I have tried Internet Explorer 8, and Firefox and both have the same issue with dishonline. Since the old Sling Player works I know the connections and the 922 are not the issue. Before I call and raise hell with Dish I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. I have had the 922 since the day it was launched and the web portions used to work perfectly. Once dishonline went live I can't make this work to save my life. I prefer the web since it doesn't have the resolution limitations, but it doesn't do any good if the freaking thing wont connect.

If I am missing something please let me know. I have a lot of catching up to do on that DVR and need a reliable solution.

Does it do the same thing if you logged into dish.com and did dish remote access that way? If no please do. If it is better then you can use that but also feel free to call in and report a problem with dishonline.com and describe the problem. And ask for a TPR to be done. Be sure u say that it works using sling s/w and whether or not it works on dish.com. and be sure to try again after new s/w dl. Been reports of fixing various sling issues. Dish.com DRA uses a diff system still then dishonline.com in someways. Don't know the exact way though.

Unfortunately the response is the same with dishonline and dishnetwork websites. As soon as I try any of the controls the picture freezes and then I lose connection with the 922. I can be streaming at 975K consistently and as soon as I click on a control I am toast.

I'd be more than happy to help you with this issue, SoonerSteve! DishOnline.com is a beta application. If you're experiencing problems with it, there's a link in the bottom right corner of the page you can follow to send us feedback. Let us know what specifically is happening so that our engineering department has a clear understanding in order to optimally fix this. The link says "DISH Online is in beta. Please send us feedback.

Hope that helps!

Problem with that is reporting on dishonline.com has no effect on dish.com. according to his secondpost he said it does the same thing on both.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts