Sling TV AirTV | When is DISH Network / EchoStar releasing this puppy?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Amiga

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 21, 2007
When is DISH Network / EchoStar releasing the Sling TV AirTV?
airtv-580x343.jpg

sling-air-tv-OTA.jpg

airtv-guide2-580x316.png

airtv-guide1-580x341.png

If they could get Netflix and YouTube in this sucker and market it to the cord cutters, I think it will cream the PlayStation Vue service. I know people will probably bitch if Amazon Prime, Hulu, and VUDU are missing.

If they could get Netflix and YouTube in this sucker and market it to the cord cutters, I think it will cream the PlayStation Vue service. I know people will probably bitch if Amazon Prime, Hulu, and VUDU are missing.

So if Sling TV adds a $20 antenna and a couple of apps that are on every mobile device and smart TV and streaming device being made it will cream PS Vue?

I'll be the last to claim PS Vue is perfect, but you do know PS Vue includes a free cloud DVR service on every device, up to five simultaneous streams, 70+ channels in the mid-level ($35) package, regional sports networks, and the major broadcast networks in many markets and coming soon to others (for $10 extra)? And it's already available on devices that stream all the other major apps (Roku, Fire TV), Android, and iOS, in addition to the tens of millions of PS3/PS4 consoles in people's homes?

If anything, Sling TV will cream Vue because it will be marketed much better -- enough to make many people in these forums believe that it's simply better. Not to mention, Sony has a terrible track record of adequately supporting and promoting some of its new products and services, which end up dying on the vine.

My main problem with Sling TV is that it DOES NOT support TV Anywhere for any of it's channels and PlayStation Vue does support the TV Anywhere platform. I've free trialed PlayStation Vue twice and I thought it was pretty solid. I haven't free trialed Sling TV yet and probably won't because it doesn't fit my needs even though with the Orange & Blue they are now offering more channels. As for the popularity of PlayStation Vue I live in an area where the local cable company doesn't carry Viacom channels, (Nick) and DISH carries the channels. Well my friend who is primarily a gamer owned an XBOX one and was a huge fan of the Xbox brand and hated PlayStation but when PlayStation Vue dropped he ditched DISH and traded in his XBOX One for a PlayStation 4.

With all of that said the antenna is nice, especially if I read that it sends your locals to any sling device on your network.

I didn't like Vue as you could only watch at the location you signed up from. With SlingTV I could watch anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

My main problem with Sling TV is that it DOES NOT support TV Anywhere for any of it's channels and PlayStation Vue does support the TV Anywhere platform. I've free trialed PlayStation Vue twice and I thought it was pretty solid. I haven't free trialed Sling TV yet and probably won't because it doesn't fit my needs even though with the Orange & Blue they are now offering more channels. As for the popularity of PlayStation Vue I live in an area where the local cable company doesn't carry Viacom channels, (Nick) and DISH carries the channels. Well my friend who is primarily a gamer owned an XBOX one and was a huge fan of the Xbox brand and hated PlayStation but when PlayStation Vue dropped he ditched DISH and traded in his XBOX One for a PlayStation 4.

With all of that said the antenna is nice, especially if I read that it sends your locals to any sling device on your network.

I don't have Slingtv so my question may not make sense.... What do you mean by does not support TV anywhere, you can't watch on a Phone or Tablet wherever you are?

I didn't like Vue as you could only watch at the location you signed up from. With SlingTV I could watch anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Though unfortunately the dozen or so popular Comcast-owned channels aren't available on PS Vue mobile (iOS/Android), dozens of channels are. Not to mention, you can use your PS Vue login to access various providers' apps and content.

From Sony's website FAQs:

What features and channels can I access outside of my home with PlayStation™Vue Mobile?
You can watch over 40 channels live, catch up and on demand outside of the home. The following channels are available out-of-home:
  • FOX (Only available out-of-home in the city where you subscribe to PlayStation™Vue service)
  • ABC
  • AMC
  • BET
  • BET Gospel
  • BET Jams
  • BTN (Only available out-of-home in the city where you subscribe to PlayStation™Vue service)
  • Boomerang
  • Cartoon Network
  • Centric
  • CMT
  • CMT Pure Country
  • CNN
  • CNN Espanol
  • Comedy Central
  • Cooking Channel
  • Disney Channel
  • Disney Junior
  • Disney XD
  • Diy
  • EPIX
  • ESPN
  • ESPN 2
  • ESPN Deportes
  • EPSN U
  • ESPNews
  • Food Network
  • FOX Business
  • FOX College Sports (Only available out-of-home in the city where you subscribe to PlayStation™Vue service)
  • FOX Deportes
  • FOX Life
  • FOX News
  • FOX Soccer Plus
  • FOX Sports 1
  • FOX Sports 2
  • Freeform
  • Fusion
  • FX
  • FXM
  • FXX
  • HGTV
  • Hi-Yah!
  • HLN
  • IFC
  • IMPACT
  • LOGO TV
  • Longhorn Network
  • Machinima
  • MTV
  • MTV 2
  • MTV Hits
  • MTVU
  • Nat Geo Wild
  • Nat Geo
  • Nat Geo Mundo
  • Nick Jr.
  • Nickelodeon
  • Nick Toons
(I don't know if it's a coincidence that there really aren't any channels after those that begin with "N" or if Sony inadvertently didn't post the entire list.)

It's also worth noting the PS Vue's DVR functions aren't available out of home on mobile.

I don't have Slingtv so my question may not make sense.... What do you mean by does not support TV anywhere, you can't watch on a Phone or Tablet wherever you are?

He means the TV Everywhere apps like FX Now for example.

Reactions: Tampa8

TVAnywhere were I can log into TNTdrama.com, SYFY.com or FOXNews/CNN.com using my provider credentials and watch what is on demand via those websites anywhere as long as I'm a paying customer. While sling does this natively they don't offer the service to use the TV Networks TVAnywhere platforms on their respective websites. It's only a real issue to me because I like to record shows using my media server and watch them later like I would with a DVR.

Reactions: Tampa8
TVAnywhere were I can log into TNTdrama.com, SYFY.com or FOXNews/CNN.com using my provider credentials and watch what is on demand via those websites anywhere as long as I'm a paying customer. While sling does this natively they don't offer the service to use the TV Networks TVAnywhere platforms on their respective websites. It's only a real issue to me because I like to record shows using my media server and watch them later like I would with a DVR.

That's a valid point. It also brings up that loss of service I'm assuming if you have just Netflix, Hulu etc.. It makes more sense that many of them are gearing to charge for their online anytime service for those with no Cable/Satellite as HBO has.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)