Sling TV continues to stay aggressive, adding 2 more channels, including an industry-first:

My samsung can do IRC and other bands
And?
So can mine.
So can my Vizio.
Not sure what you mean?

If your cable company put on a filter, which Im sure they did, You aren't going to get normal 2-99.
You are going to get what was already stated as Digital test channels. Usually locals, but sometimes other networks or music, PPV may pop up.
If you are getting 2-99 , your cable company forgot to put on a filter.

Currently I get,
14 Qvc SD
106-1 FOX HD
106-2 ABC HD
107-3 NBC HD
107-6 CBS HD
125-5 PBS HD
126-1 CW HD
126-3 MY HD

And?
So can mine.
So can my Vizio.
Not sure what you mean?

If your cable company put on a filter, which Im sure they did, You aren't going to get normal 2-99.
You are going to get what was already stated as Digital test channels. Usually locals, but sometimes other networks or music, PPV may pop up.

Currently I get,
14 Qvc SD
106-1 FOX HD
106-2 ABC HD
107-3 NBC HD
107-6 CBS HD
125-5 PBS HD
126-1 CW HD
126-3 MY HD
What does the filter look like?

What does the filter look like?
It looks like a long tube thats either in your locked cable box outside your house, or its up on the pole.

It allows internet while scrambling the channels.
You should note, removing this ,(if you even can) would result in some serious trouble.
Probably with law enforcement.
7043bc5f1848746c270249740c5420b7.jpg

It looks like a long tube thats either in your locked cable box outside your house, or its up on the pole.

It allows internet while scrambling the channels.
You should note, removing this ,(if you even can) would result in some serious trouble.
Probably with law enforcement.
7043bc5f1848746c270249740c5420b7.jpg
Mine looks like a ball/spherical.

That doesn't matter.
The Digital channels are in the 100 range.

If you plug your Internet coax into your Digital ready TV, and channel scan, I garentee you will receive channels.
I use MoCA with my cable internet setup, so I use a diplexor to separate the MoCA(power pass side) & signal for local HD channels(non-power pass side).
Edit: I have my MoCA filter below the ball filter.

Are you saying that Comcast basic is part of your monthly dues, or that you can pay for it extra with your dues? If it is the former, then go ahead & hook it up since you are already paying for it. If it's the latter, never mind.
The DTV line is connected outside and the LIVE Comcast one is not. I am not smart enough to know if some sort of splitter can be used to have them both made useable . I would be interested in hearing your comments.

The DTV line is connected outside and the LIVE Comcast one is not. I am not smart enough to know if some sort of splitter can be used to have them both made useable . I would be interested in hearing your comments.
If you are paying for cable TV through your dues anyway, & not something that you have to pay extra for added to your dues, then I'd call Comcast to set you up. You should already have Comcast's coaxial cable running into your home. They'll connect your TV.
In my case with WOW, I just put a splitter/diplexor at the end of the cable already running in the house for my internet, & then connected a coaxial cable from the splitter/diplexor(power pass side because I had a MoCA setup) & then another coaxial cable from the non power pass side straight to my TV for the local channel feeds from their test channels(warning, you'll have to frequently rescan because they'll change test channels around).
Bottom line, IF you ARE already paying for Comcast TV, hook it up & then you have a back up for when weather knocks out your DTV signal.

And?
So can mine.
So can my Vizio.
Not sure what you mean?

Currently I get,
14 Qvc SD
106-1 FOX HD
106-2 ABC HD
107-3 NBC HD
107-6 CBS HD
125-5 PBS HD
126-1 CW HD
126-3 MY HD

Comcast and Cox are still showing basic on the lower channels. Of course everything is encrypted and all digital virtual channels at this point.

That doesn't matter.
The Digital channels are in the 100 range.

If you plug your Internet coax into your Digital ready TV, and channel scan, I garentee you will receive channels.
Ok, I'm just a tad confused. If I plug in coax directly into my digital tv I will receive Comcast digital channels? When I did this to see if cable was hooked up to my house, all I received was 3 test bar channels. Because if it's digital and encrypted you must have a converter descrambler from them. Correct?

Ok, I'm just a tad confused. If I plug in coax directly into my digital tv I will receive Comcast digital channels? When I did this to see if cable was hooked up to my house, all I received was 3 test bar channels. Because if it's digital and encrypted you must have a converter descrambler from them. Correct?
You have to run a channel search after hooking the coaxial cable to your TV, just as you would an OTA antenna. The local channels should populate then.

Reactions: Troch77
If someone could please go to Cord Cutter News & post the link to an article there(Start a new thread even about it. Sadly I'm currently posting from a phone that does not allow the ability to cut & paste, or at least I haven't figured it out yet how to do it), Sling TV has announced local TV coverage for 50 cities, sadly my city is not on the list.

If someone could please go to Cord Cutter News & post the link to an article there(Start a new thread even about it. Sadly I'm currently posting from a phone that does not allow the ability to cut & paste, or at least I haven't figured it out yet how to do it), Sling TV has announced local TV coverage for 50 cities, sadly my city is not on the list.

Here's the link: http://cordcuttersnews.com/sling-tv-now-offers-local-channels-50-markets/

I guess it's a step in the right direction. But Sling TV still isn't even on par with PS Vue's current offerings. In only five or six cities can you get three of the four the major broadcast networks (ABC, Fox, NBC) without some of them being "On Demand." No CBS in any city. And no ABC (not even On Demand) in the vast majority of the cities listed.

However, unlike PS Vue, Sling is including Spanish-language locals in some cities. I think with Vue, you have to sub to a special package to get the national feeds.

Reactions: Bodo Fenrirsson
Here's the link: http://cordcuttersnews.com/sling-tv-now-offers-local-channels-50-markets/

I guess it's a step in the right direction. But Sling TV still isn't even on par with PS Vue's current offerings. In only five or six cities can you get three of the four the major broadcast networks (ABC, Fox, NBC) without some of them being "On Demand." No CBS in any city. And no ABC (not even On Demand) in the vast majority of the cities listed.

However, unlike PS Vue, Sling is including Spanish-language locals in some cities. I think with Vue, you have to sub to a special package to get the national feeds.
Thanks, I guess that I didn't look at the fineprint as to what was being offered locally & how it was offered. It doesn't matter, my demographic isn't on the list anyway.