Sling TV

It would really be the icing on the cake if they could add a national feed of all the major networks. I would vote for the DC locals.
Don't hold your breath on this. Way too many obstacles to fight in the non O&O markets.

Looks like they closed the WatchESPN loophole. I tried to watch a WatchESPN stream from my computer while my daughter was watching Disney on the Roku 3. As she screamed about the TV not working I relaized the WatchESPN was kicking it off. Tried from my phone and it kicked off again (but it did display a message). And then for some reason the ESPN gamecast was trying to invoke WatchESPN because even that was kicking me off. But that could have just been PC wierdness.

Hmm. I'm still able to do WatchESPN and have Sling on something else.

The National broadcast networks are a whole other can of worms that i think those guys don't want to jump in to. Hey I ran accross this video of Sling TV in action. it looks like a good idea. Are you guys cable cutters.

[QUOTE="SatinKzo, post: 3622325, member: 5915"
Hmm. I'm still able to do WatchESPN and have Sling on something else.[/QUOTE]

Hmm I wonder why mine is affected. I did tests with Sling on Hulu, WatchESPN on PC. And also Sling on OSX, WatchESPN on Android phone. Both kick me off of Sling.

Hmm, kind of figured it would do that, which IMO makes having watch ESPN access kind of pointless.

I mean there is a sling TV phone app, so if you're out, why not just watch that.

Same at home.

I;m not sure what they are doing. I can watch SEC and other stuff while doing something on sling, but can't watch espn branded content

Hmm, kind of figured it would do that, which IMO makes having watch ESPN access kind of pointless.

I mean there is a sling TV phone app, so if you're out, why not just watch that.

Same at home.
I could be wrong, but I believe I read an article that the WatchESPN access was provided as a work-around for the Sling TV mobile app being prohibited from streaming NFL content because of the NFL's exclusive mobile deal with Verizon (which reportedly doesn't include the WatchESPN app).

Get a free Fire TV Stick or $50 off Amazon Fire TV when you sign up for Sling TV
Sling TV delivers live TV—without the cable company—directly to your Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick. Get the best of live TV—sports, current shows, movies, and breaking news—instantly. No hidden fees, just a clear-cut monthly rate. And for a limited time, sign up for Sling TV for three months and get $50 off your purchase of Amazon Fire TV or get a Fire TV Stick FREE.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.h...2&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_i=sling tv&qid=1423755516

Looking to juice up subscriber counts following this week’s national service launch, Sling TV has introduced device bundling deals for Roku and Amazon streaming sticks and players to customers who agree to prepay for three months of service.

On the Roku side, Sling TV is offering 50% off the Roku 3, which regularly sells for $99.99, and alongside a “value option” for a free Roku Streaming Stick, which retails for $49.99.

In a similar vein with Amazon, Sling TV is offering a $50 discount on the Fire TV box (regularly $99), or a free Amazon Fire TV stick (regularly $39).

multichannel.com

Already have a Roku and 3 FireTV's, cancelled SlingTV anyway after 5 free days. Should be sold without ESPN with more channels or cheaper without, give us a choice.
You watch, as soon as they have a certain number of subs the prices will go up. Not playing that game anymore. Cable will make their own cheaper tiers and start enforcing data usage and price for internet services will go up.

Reactions: Kraven
Already have a Roku and 3 FireTV's, cancelled SlingTV anyway after 5 free days. Should be sold without ESPN with more channels or cheaper without, give us a choice.
You watch, as soon as they have a certain number of subs the prices will go up. Not playing that game anymore. Cable will make their own cheaper tiers and start enforcing data usage and price for internet services will go up.
You aren't locked into a contract. So when prices go up, cancel. Get business class internet with no caps.

Reactions: meStevo
I am trying the 14 day free trial from Amazon just to see how things are working.
Pretty neat IMO for those cord cutters. I'm addicted to my dvr so I don't see myself cutting anytime soon.
PQ not as nearly as good as Directv maybe a tad better than what I remember Dish.

I wonder if one cancels at the end of the 7 day trial will they be eligible for the 14 day trial using the fire? Or for the month trial with the Xbox one.

Or, for that matter, for the promos with the discounted boxes.

I've honestly used my dish service twice this week. Once to watch The Flash live, and the other to watch Arrow.

Both of those I could have easily waited a day to watch on Hulu or cw now.

With my TiVos now going and my streaming options the only thing left to do is put my dish service in hold and see if the rest of the family can get used to the different method of getting their content.

Reactions: Mr Tony
I wonder if one cancels at the end of the 7 day trial will they be eligible for the 14 day trial using the fire? Or for the month trial with the Xbox one.

Or, for that matter, for the promos with the discounted boxes.

yes, I just called them today and took advantage of the free/discount equipment offer. No issue, they gave me the discount code over the phone.

They also gave me a credit for the trial period and charged me for the 3 months for the discount equipment.

Reactions: Ronnie-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)