SlingAdapter+722k: Accessing LiveTV or DVR using the browser only without Internet?

jdad11

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 12, 2011
US
Does anyone know how to access the LiveTV or DVR recording without
connection to the Internet?

I have the 722k+SlingAdapter locally connected to my local switch, internal IP obtained (10.1.1.5)
from my local DHCP router server.

I don't have WAN side connected to the Internet.

It is possible to access SlingAdapter recording/live TV without connection to the Internet?

I tried putting something like this:
http://10.1.1.5 but nothing happens.

I don't think so, and I agree this sucks. I really wanted a fast/straightforward standalone Slingplayer, but Sling has stopped supporting that in favor of the ponderous obscenity that is DishOnline. If you can't get to DishOnline, then you're out of luck.

My Hava Platinum does it, however, with a crossover cable. ;) That's SD/DVD quality, though.

As thankful I am for getting the $99 rebate from Dish, I REALLY feel sorry for those that spent $99 on this without the rebate. How on Earth does Dish consider this even close to workable? IF you're lucky enough for Dish Online to even see that your DVR is online, it's still buggy as hell. On one machine, it is flawless playback, when my DVR even shows up online (granted recently it has gotten better.) My work machine, which is a 3GHz Core 2 Duo with an NVIDIA GT 240, every playback setting has audio sync problems except "good" which is not near as "good" as it implies. It still streams at around 3 Mbps even on "good," but it doesn't look near as good. "better" and "best/HD" also go at 3Mbps, which I would consider good enough for those settings, yet the audio and video are completely out of sync. Also, on all machines, every time I start a new channel/recording, or skip forward/back and/or pause, the playback is almost in slow motion ever-so-slightly just enough to annoy the crap out of you. After about 15 or so seconds it goes back to normal, and this is on all settings.

I can definitely see why they didn't go through with the Sling Extender if this was the best that they could do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)