Slingbox Remote not working

blockrw

Original poster
Jan 27, 2007
I set up slingbox solo and connected it to vip 722 yesterday. At first all I got was the screen "press select to view." The remote was not functioning when I tested it during installation. I reset the receiver and I saw the satellite acquisition screen and finally the channel that was on before the reset. Now, all I can get is the channel that was playing. The next channel and guide do not function. I have tried resetting the slingbox. I have the IR blasters pointing at the small holes in middle front of the dvr, but still cannot get the remote to control the channels or give me the guide. I checked the IR blasters by looking at them with a digital camera viewfinder and saw the lights. any suggestions?

Not sure if this works or not, but I seem to remember that you need to have the remote address on the tv2 remote set to #1 for the slingbox to operate properly. Hit the menu button twice on the tv1 remote and check the remote address for tv2. If it is anything but one you need to change the address. To do this, hold the "Sat" button on top of the remote until all lights are lit on the top. Press "1" and hit the "*" (star) button on the remote. The "Sat" button should blink three times. Hit the record button while making sure the remote is pointed at the receiver. The remote address on the info screen for tv2 should change to "1". Try that and see if that corrects the problem. One more thing, if you have any other receivers that have a UHF remote, check those to make sure their remote addresses are not set to "1". If they are, just change that address to soething other than 1.

Jimmer is probably right, but there are a few other things to check....

Since the TV1 remote is ir and the TV2 remote is RF, I believe it's the TV1 IR address setting you need to check.

If you're trying to operate the sling on TV2 (are you in Dual mode), you need the adapter kit to feed the sling into the RF remote antenna port (unless they've changed this with a software update -> it should be technically possible for the 722 to received TV2 inputs through the fron IR).

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/178038-first-look-tv2-ir-converter-kit.html
DISHSTORE.NET : . TV 2 IR Conversion Kit [TV2_IR] - $39.00

Last time I looked there are several options in the Sling software, not all of them have the same address. But the others are right, your problem is that the address doesn't match what the sling is outputting.

If your sure you have the remote addresses correctly, then perhaps the Slingbox's ir blasters are not working.

To check if they are working use the camera on your cellphone.

Point the camera at the ir blaster and then try changing channels using the slingbox software. If it lights up in the camera then the IR blaster is working fine. If its not then check the IR blaster cable as sometimes they need to be pushed in really tight. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts