Slingbox Solo Intermittant Hangs

prcasher

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 11, 2004
We had the Slinbox for a few years. The first season we used it remotely while snowbirding it worked fine but subsiquently it started hanging intermittantly after half hour or so. It would work fine locally.

Recently others have been having the same problems, attributing it to faulty elytrolitic capacitors, they have been changing them and having some success. I tried changing them but they were not our problem.

Origionally when I initially had the problem I posted here and examined their forum for answers, found others were having the problem also but only reference to hangs on Sling forum was with the Sling Catcher.

Rather than put more money after bad as they want you to purchase support after the origional warranty period, I've decided to purchase a Hava (Amazon.com) instead.

Seems they have been deleting derogative posts on their forum which may be their right but I find it strange there were no posts when I origionally found the problem.

I also have a Solo that lost it's ability for "TV anywhere" a year or more ago. I ended up having to pay the $$$ to get it working.:rolleyes: I'm not the smartest guy in the world but there was NO WAY anyone would have got it working without some tech help from Sling. Well, after several months guess what? Yep, NO WORKEE. Works fine locally but not away. NOTHING changed in my network, etc. Went through the set up thing countless times to no avail. Great product when it works properly but having to pay on a regular basis for it to work as it should is B.S.:mad: JMHO

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)