DVR does not recognize camera

FMRZ8M

Original poster
Aug 29, 2010
Glendale, AZ
I am trying to connect my Panasonic DMC-FZ50 to my Dish VCR (722K). The dish unit tells me it cannot see my camera, yet the camera sez it is in USB mode and I see a symbol that looks like a double ended flash of lightening.

Suggestions ??

DVR

What are you trying to do? Watch pictures from the camera, vice from a thumb drive? I don't think Dish supports that.

First, a VCR is a Video Cassette Recorder. The 722K is a Digital Video Recorder, a different animal.

Second, I've had to put my photos on a USB flash drive for it to be recognized...

Come to think of it, my Betamax can't view the pictures from my Polaroid instant film cartridge. Do you think Dish will be supporting that soon?
:p

Come to think of it, my Betamax can't view the pictures from my Polaroid instant film cartridge. Do you think Dish will be supporting that soon?
:p
Totally uncalled for. We have already touched on terminology and what needs to be done to accommodate what the OP wants to do. You don't need to belittle the OP unless it makes your manliness grow....

Since you're going to be viewing them on the TV anyway, aren't there any connections on the TV for the camera? You have a 722 so I'm assuming you have and HDTV and most of them have USB ports or rca connections.

Totally uncalled for. We have already touched on terminology and what needs to be done to accommodate what the OP wants to do. You don't need to belittle the OP unless it makes your manliness grow....
You said it, if you don't have anything positive to say, best keep your lips zipped!

Not only that, but last I knew, a lot of cameras had a mode in which they would appear to a PC as a flash drive, rather than a camera. (Saves you from looking for your flash card adapter!) Unless there's some oddity which makes them not quite look like a flash drive, maybe the OP just needs to put his camera in that mode.

I am trying to connect my Panasonic DMC-FZ50 to my Dish VCR (722K). The dish unit tells me it cannot see my camera, yet the camera sez it is in USB mode and I see a symbol that looks like a double ended flash of lightening.

Suggestions ??

Is this a digital camera or a video camera? The 722K just records shows off of Dish.

The receiver will not see a camera. A camera shows in USB mode when it is powered up, connected, and senses power on the USB. Dish provides those, just no drivers for cameras. If you transfer your pictures to a flash drive, you will be able to view them.

The receiver will not see a camera.WRONG, I can plug my camera into my 722 and view the pictures on my TV. I have always been able to do this. I was able to do so on the 942 also. A camera shows in USB mode when it is powered up, connected, and senses power on the USB. Dish provides those, just no drivers for cameras. If you transfer your pictures to a flash drive, you will be able to view them.

See my comment above.

My 922 wants to format the camera. :rant::rant::rant::rant:
I guess they need to update the 922.

Bobby said:

Lighten up, Bobby...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts