DVR does not recognize camera

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Flash drive connects OK, sort of

The receiver will not see a camera. A camera shows in USB mode when it is powered up, connected, and senses power on the USB. Dish provides those, just no drivers for cameras. If you transfer your pictures to a flash drive, you will be able to view them.

Yes, a flash drive works -- but the transfer process is buggy. If I try to load 900 pictures the DVR crashes. When transferring pictures, the progress report sticks long before all the pictures transfer. Although the transfer process completed when I loaded a smaller number of photos from my USB drive. During transfer, the DVR creates folders, but I have not carefully checked the capacity of each folder. The DVR does not recognize the folder structure on the USB drive. It seems like the DVR flattens the USB folders and creates one big flat file.

The user guide entry for Multimedia clearly states a camera can be connected to the USB port on the DVR. Page 91. There is no mention of camera drivers. However, a small easily overlooked comment reveals that some cameras and flash drives may not be compatible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts