slingbox ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing- You can also switch your HDDVR to 480i for sling box if yours doesn't do simultaneous output from the sling player. That's real inportant. On my HD Tivo I have it preprogrammed to toggle between my 720P setting and the 480i setting so when I'm at the remote viewing- I log in to sling box and if I get sound and no picture, I know the HDTIVO was in 720P. I hit the up arrow to select the other preprogrammed video output and that turns on the 480i.

Of course some of you may have the sling box connected to a DVR with dual output so this step won't be needed.

I picked up a Slingbox from Dell this morning for $189.95. I cant wait to use it on my Cingular 8125.

StevenD

Some bad news just for you- Cingular8125 is on the list of phones not supported with the beta version but is said will work with the release version when it is out on 4-26. I'd give it a whirl anyway as sometimes these lists are inaccurate or that just not all features are supported yet. At any rate as long as your phone is on the list you need to reserve judgement until it is supported.

Treo700w-

Last night I installed it on my wife's phone and that went flawless too with the cab file. The cool thing was that it reformated the screen layout without me saying that the device was a Treo700w which has a smaller screen than the XV6700.

I'm wondering if the Cingular 8125 is in this category that the screen size needs redesigned since I believe it is even smaller yet.

Well, even if it doesnt work with the beta, they better not charge me for the release client on 4/26.

I don't reckon I got no reason to get no slingbox - mmm hmmm :D
Sorry I couldn't resist - every time I see "slingbox" I think of that Billie Bob Thornton movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts