SlingGuide - Problems

I was finally able to use the SlingGuide. No more white screen after sign in. The first timer that I set fired and all looks good so far. I like the way it is set up. I tried to access the guide with my PDA (Palm) and was not able to do so, hopefully that will be remedied soon. Woops sorry about that word! One thing I would like to see if possible would be the ability to also see your EHD, which you can't in it's current configuration, unless I am missing something....Good Work Dish..something positive!

I just signed up and am waiting for the email. Was anyone able to sign up recently? How long did it take to get a response via email?

Oh, and here is a question. My 622 has been having problems and I should recieve a new one today. If I had been using SlingGuide already would everything I have set to record stay there from one reciever to the replacement? Because setting up all the new events to record is a pain in the butt.

Thanks!

I have been able to use slingguide for a few weeks and it is really nice. I now have a problem, though. My 722 died and was replaced. Since as soon as you log into the sling site it immediately tries to conect to your receiver, it doesn't give me the chance to change the receiver number to the new one and just sits there trying to connect to my old (dead) one. Because you can't get in until it connects, I have no way to update the account with the correct receiver number. Does anyone have any suggestions as to whom I should contact to update my receiver info? I chatted with Sling and they said they don't support it, Dish does. I haven't chatted with dish yet because I am doubtful that it will be productive. Any thoughts?

Thanks and good luck to those of you waiting to get into the beta!!

I applied for SlingGuide beta a few weeks ago and just got the acceptance email. Keep an eye out if you haven't received one yet!

I also signed up the day the link came out and I just now got a email to sign up for the beta. I tried the beta for dishonline last year and I will tell you it is night and day. I was able to see my recorded programs and even control starting the events from my pc to watch on my tv. FYI after activating my reciever it did take a while before it connected. Update Loged into slingguide from Ipod touch (Iphone should be the same) was able to use remote features prety cool.

Last edited:
Got my invite today and so far it's working great on my Mac. Everything I have checked works like it should. Will try with the iPhone tomorrow.

I have a problem with my slingguide... when I try to modify a timer (say, change it from ONCE to DAILY)... I get a TIMED OUT error... is anyone else seeing this? It happens from my work machine, home machine and my Iphone too.

I have been using SlingGuide for a week or so and think it is great. I only have two problems , and I submitted them as bugs. They are...

1. I don't see OTA channels in the Guide so I can't setup a timer for those channels.
2. Recordings on my DVR that were recorded from OTA channels do not show up in the Recordings list on the site.

If they can fix these two issues I think this will be a great product.

For those of you lucky folk who have been using the beta, can you set up different accounts for different people, or is there only one username/password? For instance, if you wanted your kids or something to control one receiver, but you wanted to control the others.

For those of you lucky folk who have been using the beta, can you set up different accounts for different people, or is there only one username/password? For instance, if you wanted your kids or something to control one receiver, but you wanted to control the others.
Only 1 login but you can add multiple recievers and name them so you pick wich one to schedule for.

What is the email address that you got the invite from? I want to make sure that my SPAM filters do not grab it and I miss it. Thanks ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts