SlingGuide - Problems

I did discover that both my receivers have to be connected to the same router. If I add an additional router to get the length I need to reach the receiver, then which ever receiver is hooked up with an additional router sling guide won't see it.
This is a router mis-configuration. It should work fine.... You do need to make sure the router isn't acting as a "router" anymore though, i.e. not being a DHCP server, just as a switch.

Is anyone else having issues with timers being completely screwy? I sent this to the feedback;

I scheduled Assassination of... to record off of ACMAX, 313 on Wednesday, March 11 7:25 AM - 10:10 AM. The timer looks correct (under 'Timers' in 'MY DVR'); however, in the schedule (under 'Scheduled'), it is listed as Rush Hour 3 on ACMAX, 313 with a date of November 30, 1999 12:00 - 2:40 AM. Even though it says Rush Hour 3, the description is still listed for Assassination of...
This is about the third time something like this has happened.

Is anyone else having issues with timers being completely screwy? I sent this to the feedback;

This is about the third time something like this has happened. I'll put some screen shots up in a sec.

I had this happen to me....only the guide was wrong...when i check what was scheduled on the DVR it was correct.

Don't forget... Daylight Savings time is this weekend..... timers may be screwed up until next week on some receivers....

It has actually been pretty benign lately, anyone remember the original Dishplayer hiccups on Daylight Savings.... It took 2-3 Jenny code resets to get these working again....

This is about the third time something like this has happened.

I've had this exact same thing happen with OTA timers I have set. Title is wrong, description is right, date and time are wrong. But, like you, the correct program recorded.

Don't forget... Daylight Savings time is this weekend..... timers may be screwed up until next week on some receivers....
I don't recall any issues in the years I've had a 522 and now a 622. Sure, if you have a timer set for 2am on Sunday morning, who knows what it will do. Otherwise, the guide updates fine and timers work.

I don't recall any issues in the years I've had a 522 and now a 622. Sure, if you have a timer set for 2am on Sunday morning, who knows what it will do. Otherwise, the guide updates fine and timers work.
I think the only "issues" have been the way the guide and timers may look before the DST change. I don't recall any issues either with the way the guide and timers worked after the change....

I think you're right and generally when people left them alone, they still ended up working ! People thought they wouldn't fire properly or that they wouldn't adjust, but they (almost always) do.

I did discover that both my receivers have to be connected to the same router. If I add an additional router to get the length I need to reach the receiver, then which ever receiver is hooked up with an additional router sling guide won't see it. When I used a inline cat5 coupler then both my vip 622 & 722 work fine and I can connect to both.

You should not be using two routers. If you need additional connections, add a switch instead.

Is it possible to record the remainder of an event that is already in progress? I select the event that I want to record and hit "record this" and it says that the recording has been set, however, it does not record. All events that I attempt to record that are in progress show up in the scheduled recordings section with a time of 12:00 AM and are dated November 30th, 1999. I assumed that I could hit record, just like if you were using the remote, and it would record the remainder of the event. Also, some of the future events that I schedule do not record for the same reason.

You should not be using two routers. If you need additional connections, add a switch instead.

Many routers can also be configured as access points, but you need to program it correctly. It took several hours before I was able to reconfigure my second router as an AP. If you don't need wireless, then a switch is cheap and effective and easy to set up.

Is it possible to record the remainder of an event that is already in progress?
Yes .... and based on the others parts of your post, something's really wrong with your receiver. Do a hard reset, i.e. pull the power plug, wait 10 seconds, plug it back in. After that, force a program guide download. I don't remember the steps from memory (others do and hopefully will chime in). Do you know how to get to the 'point dish' menu or do a 'check switch' ? If so, do that and then hit "0" three or four times to get out of the menus. That will force a guide update.

After doing those steps, see if you still have this problem.

Is it possible to record the remainder of an event that is already in progress? I select the event that I want to record and hit "record this" and it says that the recording has been set, however, it does not record. All events that I attempt to record that are in progress show up in the scheduled recordings section with a time of 12:00 AM and are dated November 30th, 1999. I assumed that I could hit record, just like if you were using the remote, and it would record the remainder of the event. Also, some of the future events that I schedule do not record for the same reason.
That's the same problem I was describing above but just with future events.

That's the same problem I was describing above but just with future events.

Not sure if the problem I had today is a variation. Had been working fine until today except for one day when the site was apparently not allowing connections from the dvr.

I was selecting a number of movies to record later this week. When I selected the third it said there was a conflict but it showed blank entries for skip selection. A went ahead and skipped one, than added a fourth movie at a time where I no I don't have any timers. Same thing.

Went to the DVR to see what was going on. Found all the timers saying ONCE instead of any date. The movie titles were correct, but the descriptions were for different movies. Looking in the schedule by date the were all at the end (with something like 0 as the date). Ended up adding the timers from the DVR, and deleting the ones set from sling guide.

Yes .... and based on the others parts of your post, something's really wrong with your receiver. Do a hard reset, i.e. pull the power plug, wait 10 seconds, plug it back in. After that, force a program guide download. I don't remember the steps from memory (others do and hopefully will chime in). Do you know how to get to the 'point dish' menu or do a 'check switch' ? If so, do that and then hit "0" three or four times to get out of the menus. That will force a guide update.

After doing those steps, see if you still have this problem.

Thank you Hall. A hard boot and forcing a program guide download seems to have done the trick. I can now hit the record button on a currently running program and the red light on the DVR turns on. Also, the times are all correct in the scheduled recording section.

I've read that Mac users have been successful using SlingGuide with Firefox. Any thoughts as where to begin troubleshooting when the program guide doesn't load? I'm thinking a specific plugin might be involved but I'm not figuring it out. Tried on both a G5 and an Intel iMac each with 10.5.6. Safari gives me the same results.

I did send feedback but I'm guessing it's something with my setup that's choking.

-Scott

Guide/Grid not loading

I've read that Mac users have been successful using SlingGuide with Firefox. Any thoughts as where to begin troubleshooting when the program guide doesn't load? I'm thinking a specific plugin might be involved but I'm not figuring it out. Tried on both a G5 and an Intel iMac each with 10.5.6. Safari gives me the same results.

I did send feedback but I'm guessing it's something with my setup that's choking.

-Scott

I am using IE and can not get the guide to load either. Have tried both on a new Vista machine and an older XP machine. It's weird because I can view all my content and delete shows and timers, but cant see anything on the Grid. So I cant add anything new from online. Anyone else have any ideas on that or running into the same problem? I sent some feedback as well, but have not heard anything back.

-Scott

I've noticed that it's stopped working for me ever since I started using Safari 4 beta...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts