Slinglink problems the installer can't solve

typer922

Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
Corpus Christi
Preface: I thought I posted this question this morning but when I went to look for replies I couldn't find it so forgive me if this is a double post.

The 922 was installed yesterday along with a slinglink turbo since my router is in the other room. The 922 pulls an IP address from the router ok but where it shows the Tx and Rx packets, it displays "NA" about every 10 seconds and then resumes showing the packets. When I log into the dish website to sling some stuff, the box indicator in the top left is either yellow or gray and I can't view live tv or even click on My DVR. My home network also slows to a crawl or just doesn't work at all whenever the slinglink is plugged in and connected. My first thought is the router is assigning the same IP address to the computers and the 922 but they're different.

The tech left yesterday without resolving the issue. He's coming out today to swap out the 922 because he thinks the ethernet card is bad on it (how he came to that reasoning, I have no idea). I still think it's a problem with my router (linksys wireless G). Suggestions/Comments? Thanks.

Sounds typical of the many problems that many of us have suffered with the sling on the 922. I recently switched to just the home plug and did away with the direct line to the router. I almost always get remote access to work now and the LIVE TV feature pops up just about every time. But as I have said before , I still can not watch HD on the computer unless I am watching an Ota Hd channel , not a sat channel.

What do you mean? I thought the home plug and the slinglink were the same thing. Doesn't the slinglink have to be plugged into the router and then into the wall?

Yes the slinglink does have to be plugged into the router and then the wall. I was talking about when I had the Netgear Homeplug plugged into the router and another direct ethernet line from the router plugged in at the same time , that I had problems. I unplugged a direct ethernet line from the router to my 922 and let the 922 get the internet connection via the receiver's power plug into the wall socket. It no longer has conflicts and it connects every time.

In order for my 922 to connect on install the tech had to remove my Netgear adapter that was plugged into the router and use a Slinglink. Now the 922 has no problem. Other than Dish Remote Access which sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.

Sometimes 1 of my 622s will show connected and the other one plus the 922 won't. And it's never the same 622. Sometimes 1 622 and the 922 show connected. It took 4 attempts with Firefox, IE and Google Chrome this morning. Chrome was the last one and it showed all connected but it doesn't have the player required so I went back to Firefox and logged on with no problem. I am firmly convinced it is a server side issue. And since the favicon is a Sling icon and the address I have problems with is dish7.sling.com it looks to me like a Sling problem.

I spoke with a Dish CSR yesterday and he told me Sling set Dish Remote Access up and he did not know of any contact to report the issue to. I will try again in a day or so to find out who to contact but this is getting ridiculous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)