SlingTV Invites going out tonight 1/26

I actually got my invite today. have to call in to activate it but it was pretty painless. CSR was very easy to deal with and pretty thorough in explaining everything.

Reactions: TheKrell
I got an invite today signed up. And my biggest fear It's not very good on TWC cable modem :( works good at the office on fiber.

Yes, I will pass on Sling tv. The one stream at a time, limited dvr functions on certain channels and forced commercial breaks on others, sounds horrible to me. And the biggest thing to me ,is that you still have ESPN in the basic pack. I was hoping that this service would be the first to not force you to pay for sports and this service is not that. I don't think this service will be all that successful, if this is the way they are going to do it.
SlingTV was never designed to be the more sophisticated cable sat experience with DVR in a multiple person household, and that is part of the reason cable/sat is so expensive (box fees; DVR fees, etc.). SlingTV is for those young, mostly males, SINGLE people who've never paid for cable/sat and never will because they can't accept ever paying $60+ per month for TV. The "limitations" of SlingTV aren't really limitations, but the very same experience if one watches cable or sat using NON-DVR box, which several MILLION do as DVR's are still in a MINORITY of households. So, sitting through commercials and having only ONE tuner with NO DVR is still the common experience and not so different from the SlingTV experience, but SlingTV does offer access to shows already aired and some limited DVR like features on some content, so SlingTV would be an enhancement to watching cable/sat with only a one tuner NON-DVR box.

ESPN, ESPN2, TNT, TBS, Food Network, HGTV, Travel Channel, CNN, ABC Family, Disney Channel, Cartoon Network, Adult SwimESPN, ESPN2, TNT, TBS, Food Network, HGTV, Travel Channel, CNN, ABC Family, Disney Channel, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Disney Junior, Disney XD, Boomerang, BabyTV, ducktv Cooking Channel, DIY Network, HLN, Bloomberg News

Why isn't this type of package available to us Dish subs for around $30 ?
Will other providers offer similar?

:smug