SloMo Bug in HR44 with some channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JJinVista

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
This problem was driving me nuts trying to define, until I spent some time, varying different conditions until I could repeat it 100% of the time.

It seems that there's a bug in the HR44 (or at least mine) with respect to slow motion. As many of you know, slow motion is activated by holding the remote's Play button down for about two seconds. Here's the conditions under which it appears:
- Only certain sports channels exhibit this problem. Specifically, 212 NFLHD, 219 FS1HD, 220 NBCSHD, 221 CBSSN, 610 BTN, and 618 FS2HD
- After changing to one of these channels, if I wait around 5 seconds or longer, then try to activate slow motion, it won't work, and repeated attempts won't work.

However, if I try slow motion within 5 seconds of changing to the channel, it works. And repeated attempts will also work, provided I did the initial slo-mo within the first 5 seconds. I can also view recorded content in slo-mo from one of these problem channels.

Channels other than the ones I mentioned exhibit no problem with getting slow motion activated. And there is no similar problem on my other box, an HR24. Why would these channels, which all are sports related, have this problem in common? I'm just guessing, but I think it might have something to do with the software logic which handles the little red remote button for displaying live scores, which would be n/a on non-sports channels.

Has anyone else encountered this slow-mo problem on their HR44?

It may be possible that all these channels are interactive, as you say, they respond to the red button to bring up various sports menus. In your experimenting, did you try hitting the exit button before you tried the slow mo feature? This should turn off the red button response, and the allow the slo-mo to function normally. Just a guess.

It may be possible that all these channels are interactive, as you say, they respond to the red button to bring up various sports menus. In your experimenting, did you try hitting the exit button before you tried the slow mo feature? This should turn off the red button response, and the allow the slo-mo to function normally. Just a guess.

Ok, I just tried doing as you said - hitting the Exit button. I tried it within the 5 second initial window of tuning into the channel, and about 10 seconds after initially changing the channel.

In either case, slo-mo is still no-go. So it actually makes things a little worse, as without the Exit button, I can get slo-mo if I activate slo-mo once within five seconds of tuning to one of those channels.

Still interested in hearing if anyone else can replicate this on their HR44.

I just replicated what you describe. Very interesting. I like the theory that it has to do with the sports channels being interactive. If I tune to one of those channels, active slow mo (within first few seconds), then I am unable to activate the the red button sports thing subsequently. They seem to conflict with each other.

Status
Please reply by conversation.