Slow acting switch??

Ronk109

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2009
Southwest,Fl
I have aVIP2000K receiver with a second receiver same as noted. Both are powering one TV2 each (one for one). On a 1000.2 dish using 110,119,129. It takes 3 or more seconds to get a picture. I have waited up to five seconds for the switch of stations signal.
I originaly had 61.5,72,77 with a 1000.4 dish. Kept losing signal on TP 15 (61.5) That setup had almost no lag on a switch of stations.

Could the new setup have a bad switch? Swiching is slow I get a title /information bar at top of screen but no picture until a few more seconds go by. Is this normal? :confused:

Receiver?

I have aVIP2000K receiver with a second receiver same as noted. Both are powering one TV2 each (one for one). On a 1000.2 dish using 110,119,129. It takes 3 or more seconds to get a picture. I have waited up to five seconds for the switch of stations signal.
I originaly had 61.5,72,77 with a 1000.4 dish. Kept losing signal on TP 15 (61.5) That setup had almost no lag on a switch of stations.

Could the new setup have a bad switch? Swiching is slow I get a title /information bar at top of screen but no picture until a few more seconds go by. Is this normal? :confused:

Never heard of the receiver you list here. Heard of 211K and a 222K but not a 2000K. Better check on what yo have.

Regardless of whether or not your receiver exists, I get the same results with my 1000.2. I have never had a digital satellite service that was any faster though...

O Boy! I was on the 1000.2/1000.4 thingy and I clicked 0's. Instead of typing VIP 222K Me bad. Boy,don't type wrong here. LOL :)

Ronk your problem isn't a switch just the facts of digital signals. The picture builds as individual blocks so rather than seeing the picture building the choice is display a black screen for a few seconds. If you don't like the black screen I guess you need to look for a cable system still offering analog signals.

If it seems slower than usual, then reboot/reset your box to see if it makes a difference. It should take the same amount of time to change channels on all your boxes.

Understand.Thanks for the feed back. :)

go to menu 6-1-3..and look for the software version......Then with that screen up, call Dish and ask the CSR for the latest software version for that receiver.
If they ask why, just tell them you wanted to know and have a nice day. Click.
If the software version is up to date, then it is probably normal.
There is a lag with these receivers. Yours seems a bit long.
If the software is not current. Unplug your receiver from thje power. Wait 30 seconds then reinsert the power cord. This will hard reset the reciver and allow it to download the new software. This may improve performance.

It is normal for there to be a delay as the buffer fills when changing channels. Longer than "usual" delay happens in the presence of low or compromised signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)