Slow channel change and response

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have no slow issues on my R22. Works very fast since the HD GUI came out
I have more delays on the Dish 211k waiting for the pic to come in than I do the R22 :)

This is true. I don't have to suffer the slows every watching hour.

I've had an HR22 since my HD upgrade in Sept '08. Although it's sometimes slower than I'd like with changing channels, it's ok for me. As for "suffering"....
j0js42.jpg
I'm actually doing very well as a sports fan, not suffering at all with D*'s superior sports programming. Dish subs? I suppose they don't mind doing without the most sports choices available in HD. I wouldn't know about that though as I've not visited, or needless to say, posted, in any Dish forums here as I have no interest in that provider and also have no interest in posting remarks there as I respect Dish subs and don't feel inclined to post self-percieved "helpful" comments in their sections of the forum.

I have no slow issues on my R22. Works very fast since the HD GUI came out
I have more delays on the Dish 211k waiting for the pic to come in than I do the R22 :)

That's good to hear. I haven't received the auto update yet in Dallas but in no hurry. I'll wait for the rollout to update my HR22.

I would have it to original format

Mine personally is 720p + original and native off

OK, I did this and it seems a little faster but still about 5-6 seconds. I will try it for a while to see if the lag still bothers me. If it does then I am going to try to force update to the new HD GUI. Thanks

I'm afraid to say the Digital delay is here to say. Several cable companies have already announced their intent to drop all analog transmissions in favor of digital transmissions, OTA is already all Digital, Satellite has been for quite sometime. The fact is Digital transmission is here to stay and will in fact be the standard that all third party providers will be using within 3 years or so. The only recourse is to embrace the digital delay by using the Guide or by using the DVR features of your STB.

Instant Channel change surfing is going the way of the Dinosaur.

John

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts