Slow data with new installation

nicshow

Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
I returned to DISH after a 2 year stint with Direct. I have the Hopper 3.

The data seems to be very slow - for instance local weather takes forever to load if it does at all, Pandora takes at least a minute or 2 between every song, etc.

My internet service is speed is very good so I’m assuming the problem is in the wireless transmission to the Hopper 3. The router is in the next room, no more than 20 feet between the 2.

Is it possible to run a wired connection from router to Hopper 3? Direct installed a coax for that purpose. Can I do it myself or do I need to call the installing technician?

Thanks,

Nic

I returned to DISH after a 2 year stint with Direct. I have the Hopper 3.

The data seems to be very slow - for instance local weather takes forever to load if it does at all, Pandora takes at least a minute or 2 between every song, etc.

My internet service is speed is very good so I’m assuming the problem is in the wireless transmission to the Hopper 3. The router is in the next room, no more than 20 feet between the 2.

Is it possible to run a wired connection from router to Hopper 3? Direct installed a coax for that purpose. Can I do it myself or do I need to call the installing technician?

Thanks,

Nic
All you need is an ethernet cable between your Hopper and your router.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)