Slow Guide on 722K

Yeap, when you hit Guide and nothing happens so you hit it again thinking you didn't press hard enough and then a third time 'cause maybe you weren't pointing in the right direction .... then the guide slowly goes from All Sub > All HD > All Chan (for me, at least) !! :D As others have noted, it comes and goes. It happens on TV2 too also.

Good luck to Dish tracking this one down...

LoL. Been there, done that. :)

I've been having this issue for quite some time now and it seems to be getting worse. I really hope they figure out a fix.

MattG@DISH NETWORK: Have the Engineering group develop a tool (or a webpage) where we can submit our receiver's ID and allow it to upload relevant data. Have it so there's (2) options, one for when it's acting relatively normal and once for when it's acting up. That way they can compare and see what's different. I can't imagine the difficulty in tracking down an issue like this one...

Last comment from you says that you think it's a software bug. Has Engineering confirmed that they're aware of it and what they've ruled out or what they suspect is the problem ?

Yeap, when you hit Guide and nothing happens so you hit it again thinking you didn't press hard enough and then a third time 'cause maybe you weren't pointing in the right direction .... then the guide slowly goes from All Sub > All HD > All Chan (for me, at least) !! :D As others have noted, it comes and goes. It happens on TV2 too also.

Yea, it goes something like: HMMM what is on Discovery channel. [guide] 1-8-2 [enter]. Instead I get channel 100 or channel 6, depending upon what keystrokes the remote decides to ignore. :censored:

:mad::mad::mad: Throw the remote, scare the dog, tick off the other half. Calm down and take a breath.

Then I go [guide] 1 (pause) 8 (pause) 2 and it usually works. Sometimes it takes like 3-4 tries before I hit the channel I really wanted.

My Dish on Demand menu is also slow. I push [dish on demand] [my recordings] [enter]. I scroll down to the program title [enter] the menu of the different date/time of a recorded program should come up, but is so slow I usually push [enter] again. What then happens is I get the first recording of the first program in "My Recordings" menu. :confused:

Just my 5 cents and another voice to this issue. This issue had been on and off for the last couple of months. Does appear to be a sw issue. Dish, please fix. It's very annoying when it takes 5-10 seconds for a channel change when using the channel guide and remote.

Yesterday was a day of not only my menu being slow, but over 50% of my remote button pushes doing nothing at all.
Even though I know it is the 722k's fault, I still wanted to jump on the remote and smash it to pieces.

Over the past week, I have had 3 different phone conversations with DISH's advanced tech support. The reason for these being stretched out over a week is to determine if the troubleshooting measures would last (no more sluggish guide) for more than a few days. They want to replace the 722k as a last resort, and that's actually my preference as well to avoid the swapping out aggravation. My "last resort" troubleshooting involved running a check switch early Tuesday evening, as instructed by tech support. So far, the guide is performing as it should. Then again, I would sometime go 3-4 days before re-encountering a sluggish guide. Hopefully, this is the fix. If not, tech support flagged me for a replacement if I call back w/ a problem.

A new receiver will NOT solve this problem. Arcade has went through this already. I think tech support swaps receivers out way too quickly... we've seen it happen with confirmed software issues ! Ummm, will the new receiver have different, special software ?

A new receiver will NOT solve this problem. Arcade has went through this already. I think tech support swaps receivers out way too quickly... we've seen it happen with confirmed software issues ! Ummm, will the new receiver have different, special software ?

From reading this thread over the past month or however long its been active, I suggested your very thought to the two tech support folks with whom I spoke. They were both very nice and professional, however one said that you can't believe everything you read on such discussion boards. The other agent said that if the receiver needs upgraded software it will automatically get it. I cited "Satellite Guys" and neither was familiar with the site. Again, this is the information/troubleshooting I got from ADVANCED tech support. Emphasis -- ADVANCED. So, what's one to do?!?!

I have talked to Dish CSRs bunches of times in the past and none of them have never heard of Satellite Guys. I wonder if they have been briefed to give that response!

If they never heard of SateliteGuys, then they are not so advanced. I would trust what you read here more than somebody who wants to swap out your receiver over a software issue. That's retarded!

The other agent said that if the receiver needs upgraded software it will automatically get it.

So, what's one to do?!?!
He's implying that either your receiver is refusing s/w updates or that different receivers pull different s/w (as needed) ?? Easy rebuttal to the first one is to ask what the current version is and if you have it, the point is moot.

As for having never heard of this site, I'll guess that they're to deny being familiar with it. With having reps officially here though, that makes it odd. On the other hand, believe it or not, to some, Dish tech support is just their "day" job and outside of work, they don't care about doing more satellite TV on their personal time.

What are you to do ? I say live with it until they update the s/w to include a fix...

As I reported earlier in this thread, my latest call w/ Advanced Tech Support was last Tuesday evening, Feb 8. After exhausting other troubleshooting methods, last Tuesday's call prompted me (for the first time) to run a check switch. Don't know if the "check switch" fixed my slow guide, but this is the longest I've gone w/o requiring a re-boot to help along a sluggish guide. Guide has been working perfectly since "check switch".

I've had the same problems as all of you. I'm using my 722k in single mode though...and when my guide runs slow for me, all I need to do is use my RF remote for just a click or two, then my IR remote works fine again for awhile (meaning a random amount of time). I've never had it run slow when using my RF remote. This probably wont help people using their receiver in dual mode.

I've had all the same problems as you all have described above with my 222k device. Although perhaps not as frequently. Including slow guide and remote ignoring commands. Its been doing that for me for almost the last year I'd say. Here's hoping Dish comes up with something. It can be quite frustrating.

If your TV is a LCD, it may be interference from the backlight flooding the room with IR until the TV gets warmed up.

Try disabling the auto brightness feature.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)