Slow Guide on 722K

I reported earlier in this thread that after running a check switch (as instructed by advanced tech support), my 722k was no longer experiencing a sluggish guide. Ten days after running the check switch, I experienced a sluggish guide moment this past weekend. But I left the receiver alone - no reboot, etc. I left the receiver and TV on, walked away for an hour or so and when I returned the guide was responding normally. Last evening, sluggish guide again, but I was impatient so I hit the reset. As I reported earlier, Dish has flagged my account for a replacement receiver if I call again w/ a problem - because I have exhausted all of their troubleshooting options. However, several have posted here that the receiver is not the problem. I really don't want to go through the hassle of swapping out the receiver - not to mention losing some programs I've DVRd. Plus, if a new receiver is not going to fix the problem, I'll just keep what I have. Is there the risk of NOT getting a 722k in return but a regular 722 or other similar HD DVR? What would YOU do?

They will (should) replace it with the same model. If I had a 722k and sent me a 622, it would be returned unopened! Are you suggesting you'd take a 722 or 622 because of this?

At this point don't bother calling them on this issue. What's the point? All you can do is wait for. A software fix...

Last I heard the 722 also has this issue. Maybe not as often, so it's possible the 622 has it as well.

I know there is a lot of problems with remotes for different reasons. I just wanted to point out for the people who have the 20.0 IR remote. If you notice delay or no response in your 20.0 IR remote and you have a flat screen TV. Try turning off the TV Dynamic Contrast in the menu. It is called some other things in the menu as well. I hope this will resolve some issues for the customers out there.

Quick edit, sorry if this was mentioned

I know there is a lot of problems with remotes for different reasons. I just wanted to point out for the people who have the 20.0 IR remote. If you notice delay or no response in your 20.0 IR remote and you have a flat screen TV. Try turning off the TV Dynamic Contrast in the menu. It is called some other things in the menu as well. I hope this will resolve some issues for the customers out there.

Quick edit, sorry if this was mentioned

Well i just tried my universal remote and it's not better. I think we notice it more on the main tv then on the bedroom tv.

Had the slow guide again one or two times over the weekend when my 9-year old daughter and I were watching TV... Even she mentioned that she runs into it on many occasions. Pretty bad when a 9-year old notices it, huh ?

I can not wait for this to get fixed. Keeping my fingers crossed for this big software update that is coming soon. :)
Lately, not only have my menus been slow but my 30 second skip button will need to be pressed 5 to 7 times before it even moves once. Very frustrating.

Our #1 remote died a few days ago and I happened to have an extra UHF remote (brand new). I swapped the old batteries from the dead remote and it's downright snappy now ! In fact, it feels faster than when we thought the old remote was working normal (does that make sense?).

Our #1 remote died a few days ago and I happened to have an extra UHF remote (brand new). I swapped the old batteries from the dead remote and it's downright snappy now ! In fact, it feels faster than when we thought the old remote was working normal (does that make sense?).

Does it make sense? Yes.
Will it last? No way in hell.
Enjoy it while you can.

other than what has already been mentioned such as batteries, remote addresses, uhf remotes, etc try taking the receiver off of the surge protector and plugged directly into the wall outlet, I had same issue with 622 install this week and that fixed the slow remote issues with nothing else being different

other than what has already been mentioned such as batteries, remote addresses, uhf remotes, etc try taking the receiver off of the surge protector and plugged directly into the wall outlet, I had same issue with 622 install this week and that fixed the slow remote issues with nothing else being different

Nice idea. But, been there, done that. It does not last either.
Just unplugging the box an plugging it back in will fix the problem for a short time. It will just revert back to slow menus in a few days.
I don't think the wall vs. the power strip is the answer.
We must have a software fix.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)