Slow Motion/Strobe Effect?

I have actually seen it on my OTA as well, but happens so infrequently & if I take a second to back up w/ the dvr, it will play back w/o incident. BTW, I have a 622.
622 here also.

I will have to try the 'DVR backup' next time I see it and see if I get the same results as you.

Unfortunately the frequency of this artifact is much greater than I would want. Granted, it doesn't happen all the time, but even one show a week I feel is excessive because it makes that show almost unbearable to watch.

622 here also.

I will have to try the 'DVR backup' next time I see it and see if I get the same results as you.

Unfortunately the frequency of this artifact is much greater than I would want. Granted, it doesn't happen all the time, but even one show a week I feel is excessive because it makes that show almost unbearable to watch.

I'm not sure if it's heat related, or not, 'cause I do have it in a well ventilated shelf, perhaps that's why mine doesn't seem to do it as often. Is your's in the open pretty much?

I'm not sure if it's heat related, or not, 'cause I do have it in a well ventilated shelf, perhaps that's why mine doesn't seem to do it as often. Is your's in the open pretty much?
Yes. It is ventilated adequately.

The key to me here is that I did not see the artifact with OTA, but did via the Dish Locals.

Posted this same question on another forum. Response that worked was if this happens frequently, a Hard Boot will cure it. Pull the plug, wait about 15 seconds to clear memory, then plug it back in. Did this and the problem seems to have gone away. My guess is that it a side effective of receiving the new software (4.49).

Same thing here on my 622. Happens on HD and SD, usually during recorded shows (that's how we usually watch), noticed occasionally on live shows. All channels coming over dish....

Been happening occasionally on my NHL recordings on the 622 and the 722 for quite some time now. Not frequently enough to bother with troubleshooting, but enough to be annoying.

I think there is a problem with the Chicago area Channel 7 Dish Network local HD feed. Lost is always an issue and just about every other ABC show I record. I've just decided to switch to OTA for all of my recordings since I don't have that problem with them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)