Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Hills of Eastern CT
For the past couple of weeks the site has gotten very slow. The pages take a long time to load. When this happens, the status bar usually says waiting for...and it is usually some ad that it is waiting for. Sometimes it just hangs while waiting and I have to double-click on the refresh button to get the page to load.

This has happened before and I remember posting about it in this forum. Once, when this was happening, Scott disabled the ads until he could figure out what the problem was. During that time I could not believe how fast the site was. The pages loaded instantly, like lightning!

I really appreciate what you are doing here at satelliteguys, and I understand that you need the ads to pay the bills...but right now for me the site is the slowest that it has ever been and is getting to the point where it is annoying.

Again, this site is so good that I feel bad for having to bring this up, but I think that the page loading has become much worse than normal (for me). Perhaps a lot of you don't notice this because you are Pub members and you get a lot less ads? Also, it is possible that this is just something in my system and it is not happening for anyone else...but it has gotten to the point where I thought I should post about my experience.

I am using IE8.

Last edited:
I am using FF with no issues, much less slow loading pages.

I am using XP so I cannot use IE9.

I am still seeing the same problems that I described in the first post. Since no one else is complaining about this, I guess that not too many others are experiencing this problem. Perhaps I will try a different web browser as was suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)