Slow remote advise

I feel your pain ktadd and Arcade. This is a DISH box problem and is in no way related to LCD back-light issues. I can tell you that even the RF remote experiences the delay in response, and sometimes even a reboot won't always fix it. The "K" can just have a bad slow remote day and we have to live with it until the next day or several hours later. The processor is probably busy or too busy doing who knows what during these times (a previous poster suggested the banner ads issue, and it sounds reasonable or other firmware issue).

I think folks have to give us credit that we know what we are talking about and have eliminated the back-light issue. In addition, the problem is DELAY in response after hitting the button ONCE, not that the signal is being blocked. Oh, the signal did reach the box alright; its just taking is sweet time to process it.

after resetting my box my menus are back to slow motion after only one day of bliss.
Now that it is going slow again I tried the menu buttons on the front of the box like the tech guy mentioned.
To my surprise the buttons on the front of the box are just as slow as the remotes!!!!
I have given the info to the tech and gave him my receiver number.
We shall see what happens.

I believe the OP said it was a plasma TV - they do not have backlights.

AFAIK only LCD TV's with fluorescent backlights cause IR interference.

I don't think it's the backlight at all that interferes with the remotes. I think it's the "light sensing" that a lot of newer TV's have that detects ambient light and adjusts the brightness and contrast accordingly. I've seen lots of reports around the web that turning that functionality off fixes the issue.

As for the slow 722k issue, oddly enough my 722k's haven't been slow for a few weeks now, and I haven't changed any of my viewing habits. However I am sure that the issue will stick it's ugly little head out again in the near future. At any rate, I hope the info Arcade gave to the tech gets something done about the issue. It's been far too long for the issue not to be fixed. 6 software updates have come out since the bug was introduced.

Actually I have not had a problem in about 10 days. Just to reiterate:
It is a plasma
When the response is slow the buttons on the receiver also respond slowly

I wonder if Dish did a software upgrade that fixed it, or is the receiver just waiting??

Actually I have not had a problem in about 10 days. Just to reiterate:
It is a plasma
When the response is slow the buttons on the receiver also respond slowly

I wonder if Dish did a software upgrade that fixed it, or is the receiver just waiting??

"I wonder if Dish did a software upgrade that fixed it"----- LOL, that is very funny.

"or is the receiver just waiting??"------Bingo.

Actually I hope they did a software update that fixed it, but the odds are astronomical against it.
I did get a replacement receiver installed last night. So far so good with this one, but I am still waiting for the inevitable.
Time will tell on this one.
Matt and others at Dish have been very understanding and I am glad they are working on the problem.

Well in the past 4 days I have had to reset the receiver 3 times, this is exactly the same issue as another thread referring to a "slow guide".

cyto. Feel free to drop in on the "Slow Guide" thread.
With 4,775 views so far, it is the cool place to be and be seen. ;)
Just imagine all the people out there that do not know of these message boards that are just putting up with the slow slow menus.
Dish has a serious problem here.

Does anyone know the latest on this issue? I also experience the slowness on both of my 722k receivers with #1 remote. I'm not sure if the #2 remotes experience the slowness or not as I never watch TV in those rooms. I've tried the wizard config for the remotes, the "menu" "menu" "cancel "cancel' and disabling the TV enhancements mentioned above but neither improve the speed. As others have said, if I unplug the receiver the speed is fine for a day or so but inevitably the slowness returns. We've experienced this slowness since receiving our new HD recievers ealier this year but I'm finally to the point where I can't take it anymore. By the sounds of the above thread contacting DISH isn't going to help. The one thing I haven't tried is to reconfig the #1 to UHF instead of IR but this even sounds iffy based on above thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts