Slow response flipping through menus and recordings

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mfoster711

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
College Station, Tx
I am long time Dish customer thinking about making the switch to DirecTv. One of my biggest complaints about DirecTv in the past was that their receivers seemed real slow when flipping through menus and recordings (at least they seemed slow the few times I played with the DirecTv receivers at a friends house).

Questions:
1) I have heard that the newest receivers are a lot better and respond quickly when flipping through channels. Is this true?
2) If #1 is true, which receivers are the newest models that are faster?
3) If I order DirecTv, how can I guarantee I get these newest model receivers?

I am long time Dish customer thinking about making the switch to DirecTv. One of my biggest complaints about DirecTv in the past was that their receivers seemed real slow when flipping through menus and recordings (at least they seemed slow the few times I played with the DirecTv receivers at a friends house).

Questions:
1) I have heard that the newest receivers are a lot better and respond quickly when flipping through channels. Is this true?

1) YES! I am very intolerant of slowness and lag in menus, guides, etc. I find the HR24s 100% acceptable......maybe even would call them FAST!
2) HR24 and H24
3) See my thread increasing chances of getting a HR24 or H24. It should be on the 1st page or 2 of posts in this forum. There is no GUARANTEE....only your ability to refuse install/service if you don't get 24s and won't settle for older hardware.

Questions:

1) YES! I am very intolerant of slowness and lag in menus, guides, etc. I find the HR24s 100% acceptable......maybe even would call them FAST!
2) HR24 and H24
3) See my thread increasing chances of getting a HR24 or H24. It should be on the 1st page or 2 of posts in this forum. There is no GUARANTEE....only your ability to refuse install/service if you don't get 24s and won't settle for older hardware.

Or order one from a vendor like Solidsignal.
If you do OTA, you'll want to get a AM21 for the OTA tuner.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)