Sluggish / freezing DVR (1 Viewer)

Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!
Status
Please reply by conversation.

herlihyboy

Mar 9, 2012
Indiana
This may be a commonly asked question. If it is, forgive me. I have been a Direct customer for about 6 months. I have been disappointed by the "whole home DVR". IMO, it is inferior to Dish, which I had before (at least with the equipment I have). I have two TVs, one with an HD DVR and the other just with an HD Receiver. On the TV that just has a receiver, the DVR functions (skip ahead, pause, fast forward, etc.) are extremely sluggish and, at times, unresponsive. The show will also sometimes catch / freeze for several seconds.

Is there anything I can do on my own? Is this a known problem? Do I need to contact Direct about this?

TIA,

Ryan

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
This may be a commonly asked question. If it is, forgive me. I have been a Direct customer for about 6 months. I have been disappointed by the "whole home DVR". IMO, it is inferior to Dish, which I had before (at least with the equipment I have). I have two TVs, one with an HD DVR and the other just with an HD Receiver. On the TV that just has a receiver, the DVR functions (skip ahead, pause, fast forward, etc.) are extremely sluggish and, at times, unresponsive. The show will also sometimes catch / freeze for several seconds.

Is there anything I can do on my own? Is this a known problem? Do I need to contact Direct about this?

TIA,

Ryan

Welcome to the site.

First thing you want to do is to do a Reset, and see if that helps.

Really need more info as in what recvrs are you using HR 24?, HRE21, H24 ????
What Dish set up are you using ?
SWM/ non SWM ( I would guess it's a SWM as it's most prevelent now.)

You can find all this info in your Menus on the recvr.

Menu/Settings/Info and Test/ Select/More System Info/ Select

Now to do a reset ...
Menu/Settings/ Reset/ReStart Recvr/ dash

The reset may fix your issue, if not, report back.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts