sluggish guide

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

shamill19

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2007
OK until last night my hr-20 guide seemed to be responding fine. I press guide(twice) on the remote to view a channels in a grid<--This reacts normally. But when I channel down to scroll there seems to be a delay. I've toggled on/off the scrolling effects option with no change in reaction time. Have any of you long term members seen this? Thanks in advance~

OK until last night my hr-20 guide seemed to be responding fine. I press guide(twice) on the remote to view a channels in a grid<--This reacts normally. But when I channel down to scroll there seems to be a delay. I've toggled on/off the scrolling effects option with no change in reaction time. Have any of you long term members seen this? Thanks in advance~
Yes there is a long delay at times. The firmware is in its infancy IMO still being developed as evidenced by the numerous beta releases. It feels currently like going from the latest Mac OS (HDTIVO) to Windows 3.0 IMO.

Yes there is a long delay at times. The firmware is in its infancy IMO still being developed as evidenced by the numerous beta releases. It feels currently like going from the latest Mac OS (HDTIVO) to Windows 3.0 IMO.

The HR20 software started to mature around January of this year. Most of what we are seeing for releases are new features, enhancements and polishes. The core recording engine for most folks have been workingy solidly for the past 6 months. For folks that are not aware, whatever can go wrong with Vurbano will go wrong and he will adamently state one or 2 things wrong as everything is wrong. So view his posts with a grain of salt.

The HR20 software started to mature around January of this year. Most of what we are seeing for releases are new features, enhancements and polishes. The core recording engine for most folks have been workingy solidly for the past 6 months. For folks that are not aware, whatever can go wrong with Vurbano will go wrong and he will adamently state one or 2 things wrong as everything is wrong. So view his posts with a grain of salt.
WHo said everything is wrong? :rolleyes:

Had an HR20 since September and never had a delay with the guide that wasn't just a temporary glitch (in other words didn't see it again). Could be at the time it was cranking away at some stuff in the background or something. If it's still going on and you've turned off the guide animations, try a restart (Menu | Settings | Setup | Restart) and see if that clears it up. Not saying you have to do that but if it's still going on then something isn't quite right and maybe there is some corrupted memory or something (it is a computer after all). A restart should clear that up.

Had an HR20 since September and never had a delay with the guide that wasn't just a temporary glitch (in other words didn't see it again). Could be at the time it was cranking away at some stuff in the background or something. If it's still going on and you've turned off the guide animations, try a restart (Menu | Settings | Setup | Restart) and see if that clears it up. Not saying you have to do that but if it's still going on then something isn't quite right and maybe there is some corrupted memory or something (it is a computer after all). A restart should clear that up.
There has always been like a 2 or 3 second pause before mine scrolls. I didnt know there where animations?

There has always been like a 2 or 3 second pause before mine scrolls. I didnt know there where animations?

Yea, it's something you can turn off. I'll be honest that I don't know where it is, I think in the Video setup. I remember testing it in a CE months ago when it was a hidden back door and I never changed the settings since.

seems as if it knocks off almost a second. with effects on it takes 2 seconds. with them off its just over 1 second. Its a good improvement. measured by counting.

what version of software are you running? CE or National Release?

while I'm cutting edge, my DVR is not.

try a restart (Menu | Settings | Setup | Restart) and see if that clears it up

this is what I'll try next, thanks.

Somehow I am reminded of a needy GF that needs to be told I love you all the time. Why is that? Jimmeny Christmas Thankyou Brewer and Scott!!

LOL. I do like reading your stuff sometimes. When you are not hell bent on pointing out the negative about everything in your rants, you do say some funny stuff. :D

LOL. I do like reading your stuff sometimes. When you are not hell bent on pointing out the negative about everything in your rants, you do say some funny stuff. :D
IF you dont point it out it doesnt get fixed. For example IMO AVS and Satguys deserve a medal for bringing HDlite to the attention of E* and D*, Cpanther and Sean Mota and some others especially. The squeaky wheel gets the oil. Dont assume that just because my car sqeaks in a few places and needs oil that I am not happy with the rest of it.

IF you dont point it out it doesnt get fixed. For example IMO AVS and Satguys deserve a medal for bringing HDlite to the attention of E* and D*, Cpanther and Sean Mota and some others especially. The squeaky wheel gets the oil. Dont assume that just because my car sqeaks in a few places and needs oil that I am not happy with the rest of it.

You are no CPanther or Sean Mota. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)