Smallest C band dish??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

weighman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 17, 2008
Can anyone tell me what the smallest size C band dish. I live in an apartment complex so I havent even considered anything above a 76 cm.... until now.
I live in Southern Ontario if that helps at all.... please let me know if I have any options or should I stick to Ku only and not dream about C.
:confused:

for tinkering?- see above
for reliable reception on a few specific strong channels? 4 footer
for reliable reception on most (98%) of the channels? 6 footer

Unlikely to get a 4 footer on your balcony at an apartment.

post_old.gif
09-07-2008, 08:50 AM
linuxman
user_online.gif

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter

I am going to wrap up this phase of the experiment with a few results, and move on to phase two.

I was surprised at not getting any more channels than what I have after the big success on 91W, but I guess that satellite being my TS satellite I could expect the best results from there.

I am not going to post numbers because of the broad differences between receivers and meters and with C-Band being so different than Ku, it is pointless.

I did discover when scanning in G28 and AMC3 this morning, I got the Pentagon channel on both birds, so there is some bleed-over if satellites are next to each other at 2 degree spacing.

Here are the watchable C-Band channels I can pull in. Please remember, if they are watchable, they are pretty much watchable in all kinds of weather, at least up to a point. :D

127W Galaxy 13 - RFD
121W Galaxy 23 - HITN 2 channels
107.3W Anik F1 - Color Bar channel
99W Galaxy 16 - PR Nets 5 channels, WHT 2 channels, LSEA, 1 channel
95W Galaxy 3 - 5 Feeds channels
91W Galaxy 17 - CW Mux 3 channels, EWTN Mux 19 channels, The Word Network 2 channels, and Feeds
89W Galaxy 28 - Pentagon Channel

That's over 40 C-Band channels. Some of them might not be what you like to watch, but some of them have very nice programming. Couple that with still having Ku at your disposal, I think it makes the 1M dish using a SatelliteAV CK-1 LNBf a viable alternative to having to put up a standard BUD, especially if you live in an area that won't let you. :)

I'd say that's some pretty good "tinkering"

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)