Smallest dish for RTV???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just got back rtv with 30" & seesat lnb. 64%, q=52%.
tp 11736, true south (az 187), skew 0.
so, sometimes is possible with small dish!

I've got a 6ft Fortec Star dish and I'm unable to pick up RTV for the life of me. I'm getting the NBC News Channel at 60% but still no RTV, what could possibly be wrong?

you're not on 83W properly...that NBC feed maxes the meter on a 30" so it should blow the meter off on a 6 footer :)

RTN was deleted off AMC 9 in Lyngsat. I'm using a 7' BUD and I'm getting nothing on 11736.

Is RTN moved or still in place and freq or SR changed? What's the deal?

same spot. They had an uplink failure a week ago and some goofball sent in the notice to Lyngsat....as I posted then "obviously they arent a satelliteguys member" :)

you're not on 83W properly...that NBC feed maxes the meter on a 30" so it should blow the meter off on a 6 footer :)

Well.... I punched in your suggested transponder to locate 83W, 12140 V 30000 which is a data transponder and I got a solid 46%. When I entered the coordinates for RTV ( 11735 H 4440), nothing. Perhaps I need to adjust the LNB. This is the only channel I'm not receiving, getting everything else on all other sats.

RTV coming in fine out west here.

Electro960
when you give a " I got a solid 46%"

please add Q 46% and tell us what box as they differ
i checked these 2 on RTV

PAN 9000 Q 69% RTV Q 87% 12140 V
SV-8000 Q 26% RTV Q 46% 12140 V

Well.... I punched in your suggested transponder to locate 83W, 12140 V 30000 which is a data transponder and I got a solid 46%. When I entered the coordinates for RTV ( 11735 H 4440), nothing. Perhaps I need to adjust the LNB. This is the only channel I'm not receiving, getting everything else on all other sats.

Coordinates would be like elevation and azimuth. The TP's are Frequencies and data symbol rates of the channel.

RTV signal is lost with heavy rain here, 31-inch dish.

I have one of my Winegard 76cm Ku dishes on 83w for the RTN/RTV feeds. It is painstakingly adjusted for the best possible signal. Reception is perfect at 90- 95%Q most of the time, but quality will drop to 65- 70% with heavy overcast. Rain will cause intermittent "blocking" of video at 45-50%Q, and heavy rain will cause loss of usable signal at around 30-40% on the CNX Mini receiver.

The NBC feed will max the Q meter here on this setup, and it will remain viewable even when the weaker RTV signal is blocked by weather.

I am at 46N Lat. 116W Lon.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)