Smart Car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a call today from the sales critter. Fleet is now arranging price and paperwork. Looks like it's gonna be at or near invoice. I wonder if VW is "enforcing" pricing?

Anyway, he said they're only getting 9 this year, not 17, and those have to be shared among a few dealerships. No gray for me. Silver or black were the only choices left, as they work down the waiting list. I picked silver. He called right back and said "Sorry, no silver after all- black." Ok with me. Original choice was black anyway, he talked me into gray. "No Coke- PEPSI!"

All are arriving with anthracite interiors, Sirius satellite ready 6 CD radios, sun roofs, alloy wheels, no lip spoiler & no navigation system. All fine by me. I'd drop the sun roof if I had the option. He said 2 days. Today's Wednesday. So I said "Friday?" "Yes." "You really mean maybe next Wednesday?" Pause. "Yes. Probably." Still, OK by me. Just let me get my hands on it. We'll get it LoJacked.

I believe I've seen just one diesel Jetta on the streets here, at the diesel pumps. If I get to keep it, maybe I'll start a new thread with a report and answer any questions. Post mpg, at least. Makes more sense than posting it under "Smart Car."

If one of the bosses decides he wants to "redirect" it, I'll post that here, and go thru with the Smart Car purchase. Nobody wants the Smart Car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)