smart card change horrible

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rsebolt

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 2, 2004
Well, my new smart card came in the mail.
Nice bright yellow with instructions to dump the blue card.

Well, I followed all the isntructions and 3 calls later, the tech decided to send me out another 7200 reciever because the smart card changes have been known to kill the reciever.

WHA?!?!?!?!?! :no

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.
Why would a company put out technology that fries the receiver?

So, now I get who-knows-what receiver, when I have not had any troubles with my current reciever.

So, here i am waiting...for DAYS...to get a replacement. OH! The tech did credit my account for like $12 since I am without service.
GEE! THANKS DISH! :mad:

Well, I'll fill you in when I get my replacement to tell you what happens.
The saga continues...

Smart Card

My replacement smart cards took 3 weeks to come with four calls. When I finally called Dish on the 3rd week about month ago, they tell me I am getting a new receiver because the 508 won't work with the yellow card. At which point I'm like I never authorized Dish to lease me a new receiver. I got transferred to a higher CSR and he searches the computer for 15 minutes and finally finds the UPS tracking number for this smart card and is like good news it should come in a few hours.

I get the new card and the package had no instructions and no return label so then I had to call Dish back and finally got to a CSR who said to toss the old one out. (I haven't tossed my old one out yet, I'm hanging onto it incase Dish charges me for not returning it).

I'm glad that only one receiver out of the three I have needed a new smart card!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts